• May 04, 2024, 09:35:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lightning being jerks. Nothing to see here.  (Read 5492 times)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: Lightning being jerks. Nothing to see here.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 01:19:30 PM »

Corbin owns the facility.
A landlord has no right to give access to a tenant's space without two things: a valid maintenance issue (and appropriate warning, usually 24hrs) or the tenant's permission.  That they're the landlord does not give them this right and this cannot be signed away by contract.

If he had refused to deal with them because they were black, ...
Yes, the reason cannot include 'being in a protected class'.  But 'agents of customer' is not a protected class, nor is 'you meddling kids'.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 03:31:26 PM »

What surprises me the most about all of this is the fact that there is someone out there that would actually trust Lightning to build a motorcycle to a promised spec and to do it with a tight time line in mind. Maybe on paper the LS-218 looks better than an Energica Ego but when you look at how Lightning built the Strike under spec and realizing they could do the same with the LS-218 it was a huge risk in my opinion. Even if the delivery had went as planned the owner could have ended up with a bike that was far under spec and not race worthy at all and no time to fix it.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »

What surprises me the most about all of this is the fact that there is someone out there that would actually trust Lightning to build a motorcycle to a promised spec and to do it with a tight time line in mind. Maybe on paper the LS-218 looks better than an Energica Ego but when you look at how Lightning built the Strike under spec and realizing they could do the same with the LS-218 it was a huge risk in my opinion. Even if the delivery had went as planned the owner could have ended up with a bike that was far under spec and not race worthy at all and no time to fix it.

BINGO!!!!
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 09:00:00 PM »

Alas, a business is in its right not to do business with a customer or contractor they don't want to.  Depending on the contract, they might be able to refund the bike, too.

Corbin isn't selling the bike, so calling them wasn't appropriate.

Cash out the door was my experience with every bike except Ducati.  And they wanted signed papers and two ids that I was responsible for paying for it.

-Crissa

Not entirely true. If he had refused to deal with them because they were black, he would have been in violation. Looks to me like the business is tanking and this guy is really high strung about it.

There did seem like a certain level of tension going on in that building.  :o I wonder how things are turning out for the customer of the LS-218? On the other hand, if the customer really needed a fast and safe shipment there are plenty of reliable and bonded shipping companies that could deliver the bike to him relatively quickly and safely. All it takes is money and the proper paperwork.

However, perhaps Richard also didn't want anyone who knew what they were doing to check over the build quality, components and performance of the bike before it reached the customer's hands and he got all of his money.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2020, 11:27:47 PM »

At this point from all I've seen, I'd have to be out of my bloody mind to even consider a Lightning.  It would be SO simple for Richard to address all of the issues that have been raised in a civil manner but he insists on being belligerent and adversarial.  Brandon and Morgan pointed out the GLARING deficiencies in the Strike when it was released and to the best of my knowledge, NONE of those issues were ever addressed.  Instead, Richard has decided he'd rather not deal with the messengers at all.  I have no idea what is keeping that company in business but if I ever decide I want a high-end electric bike, Lightning will NOT even rate a microsecond of consideration.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »

A landlord has no right to give access to a tenant's space without two things: a valid maintenance issue (and appropriate warning, usually 24hrs) or the tenant's permission.  That they're the landlord does not give them this right and this cannot be signed away by contract.
-Crissa

Except Corbin owns AND operates the majority of the building, the whole building is not Lightning's. All that Lightning does is sublease/rent a small portion of their warehouse. Corbin didn't give them access to Lightning's space. They were granted access to be on Corbin's property and in Corbin's place of business/production. When asked, they stepped outside of Lightning's space.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 12:31:05 PM »

Except Corbin...
Which is why they were excluded from the fenced area, and it was inappropriate to call Corbin, and not Lightning.

There's no 'except' here.  Corbin can't say whether they can pick up a bike in their factory when it belongs to a tenant.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

caza

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 02:20:28 PM »

The way everything was approached here makes it entirely expected.

You guys have been very openly (and rightly) critical of Lightning to the point that we've seen a video of Richard screaming about suing you before. He's obviously belligerent and specifically hateful of you for shining a light on his companies issues.

Then you gave Corbin a heads up you were coming, a very polite thing to do, but you did not give lightning a heads up you were coming.

Steven said he would have someone pick up the bike is good, but it's unbelievably short-sighted that he apparently didn't communicate exactly who was picking up the bike.

You can see in the video they weren't particularly expecting anyone to show up, but they certainly were not expecting the two of you, and weren't expecting to be filmed without warning or consent in their own space.

So this belligerent hothead of a CEO sees you show up, unannounced, filming. Of course he was going to react poorly! It would be absolutely shocking if he reacted any other way.

He probably sees you as the #1 biggest threat and antagonist to his company. He sees your valid criticism as active malice. He's not going to look inwards and address the issues with his company or himself. He's going to see you, in his space, and lash out. There is no other outcome. It's hard to believe you wouldn't anticipate this.

I certainly believe you were acting in good faith to deliver the bike to Steven, that you hoped the bike would actually meet its promises, and would no doubt be truthful about whatever the case is with the bike.

But I really think you could have handled this better. You came in knowing it could likely be a volatile situation and seemingly didn't take the small steps necessary to possibly smooth things over. So much of this could have been addressed with better communication before hand. Steven should have made it crystal clear who was coming to pick up his bike and when, and you should have called Lightning to confirm the pickup and pickup time instead of just calling Corbin.

None of this excuses Richards tantrum, his poor business practices, or his treatment of you. How anyone trusts their money with this company at this point is completely lost on me.
2015 Zero SR + Power Tank

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »

The way everything was approached here makes it entirely expected.

Your entire analysis was put eloquently, and matches my sentiments exactly.

But on a meta level, we can see that creating drama is a very effective means of getting a message across in the age of the Internet where most contributions just become noise. Even if we recognize and dislike that, we have to admit it can succeed in altering our opinion (e.g. neither of us would buy a Lightning and maybe not an SR/F either), especially if the defensive party never acknowledges or rebuts the most substantive claims.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:58:27 PM by Curt »

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 08:48:15 PM »

Except Corbin...
Which is why they were excluded from the fenced area, and it was inappropriate to call Corbin, and not Lightning.

There's no 'except' here.  Corbin can't say whether they can pick up a bike in their factory when it belongs to a tenant.

-Crissa

This isn't a tenant law case - nowhere near it, they did not trespass. Trespass is when someone doesn't leave property after they were asked. They left the 'property' (small caged area) when asked. They called the owner AND operator of the property asking if they are allowed on that premises for business, that owner approved. Additionally, Lightning already approved a 3rd party could pick up the bike. They didn't call and ask Corbin for permission to pick up the bike, they already had that permission from Lightning and the owner of the motorcycle. The first time permission was revoked was when Richard found out who was picking up the bike.

I'm starting my own EV moto company.. for reals! Please send me $1k+ for my motorcycle that I swear does 500miles on a charge, charges in 10 seconds, weighs 25lbs, 0-60 in 0.5seconds, and has self driving technology. MSRP $10,000 (maybe, idk we haven't figured out production at all). Pre orders placed today will be delivered upon my death... I swear... seriously... guys.. it's real just.. don't ask questions or ask for updates until I'm dead.

It may not seem like it, but I want Lightning to succeed. I want to be proved wrong and eat my words.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:53:40 PM by MikeL »

caza

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2020, 01:27:54 AM »

Unless lightning or corbin is planning on pressing charges, the trespassing argument is irrelevant. This is drama through personal interactions. These are social and communication issues not legal ones.
2015 Zero SR + Power Tank

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2020, 03:43:10 AM »

Wow, I am shocked at the variety of reactions. It is very interesting to see how opinions can seem polar opposite based on if they are following the logical paths to their conclusions, or getting pulled off into, what I consider, irrelevant side topics that have no bearing on the more tangible facts and points of the content.

I think it is really cool that everyone finds this a topic worth discussing, and I look forward to seeing how the group consensus shapes up through this.

By the way, just as an additional piece of data, it's now the day after the bike needed to arrive, but it has not yet been shipped.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2020, 04:17:34 AM »

Wow, I am shocked at the variety of reactions. It is very interesting to see how opinions can seem polar opposite based on if they are following the logical paths to their conclusions, or getting pulled off into, what I consider, irrelevant side topics that have no bearing on the more tangible facts and points of the content.

I think it is really cool that everyone finds this a topic worth discussing, and I look forward to seeing how the group consensus shapes up through this.

By the way, just as an additional piece of data, it's now the day after the bike needed to arrive, but it has not yet been shipped.

Is that a surprise to you and the customer?    ::)  I hope the customer has not fully paid for the Lightning that he ordered.  :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2020, 05:27:47 AM »

I hope the customer has not fully paid for the Lightning that he ordered.  :(

Of course he has!

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2020, 06:29:23 AM »

So in the LA to Vegas write up there was a picture with two Energicas on the back of a motorcycle moving truck.
Was that yalls company?
Pages: 1 [2] 3