• May 04, 2024, 06:58:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Flush your money down the toilet or...  (Read 4323 times)

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
Flush your money down the toilet or...
« on: March 18, 2023, 11:51:39 PM »

Invest in Lightning at a $80M valuation!

https://netcapital.com/companies/lightningmotorcycle

;D

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Flush your money down the toilet or...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 12:09:17 AM »

According to the audit documentation, their lease with Corbin expires June 1, 2023.

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 02:12:58 AM »

I saw that but the report is for 2021 not 2022... Wonder why.

It also says they have a measly 40k cash on hand and like 2.5M of inventory??

Make it make sense..

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 03:34:06 AM »

Also in 2020 they sold $150k of motorcycles and $175k the following year.

That would come out to just under 4 LS-218s one year, or a little over 7 Strike Carbon Editions or some mix in between for 2020. The following year would be just over 5 LS-218s or just under 9 Strike Carbon Editions or a mix in between. If I'm reading this right.

GS-A-Day

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 11:09:07 PM »

Website https://lightningmotorcycle.com says "Lightning is located in 2360 Technology Parkway, Hollister, CA 95023." This is the building of Corbin motorcycle seats: https://www.corbin.com/projects/contact_ca/

Are they in the same building? A Google Map search does not show "Lightning" on the building anywhere.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 11:21:46 PM »

Website https://lightningmotorcycle.com says "Lightning is located in 2360 Technology Parkway, Hollister, CA 95023." This is the building of Corbin motorcycle seats: https://www.corbin.com/projects/contact_ca/

Are they in the same building? A Google Map search does not show "Lightning" on the building anywhere.

According to the audit documentation, their lease with Corbin expires June 1, 2023.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 04:34:40 AM »

So today I got the second email in less than a week from Lightning hoping I will invest in them. Guess they decided to try their luck on mass emails in hopes that someone will decide to throw money at them. The netcapital web site claims Lightning has raised a whopping $16,600 out of the nearly 5 million they are hoping to raise by the end of April. I think Lightning will be lucky to raise enough money to move into a new building somewhere. Also saw that their web site claims that the basic Strike is sold out through 2023.

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 07:38:39 AM »

Of course it's sold out lmao.

I wonder how many reservations they actually have, I didn't see anything in the investment prospectus regarding that.

Wild how they got 16k while lacking basic info... Even Damon has given some reservation numbers!

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 07:49:49 AM »

Well. I can't know anything for sure but I will tell you the amount raised value hasn't changed since it was posted several days ago.

Also that exact amount can be seen in a static graphic that appears to be the basis for that page: https://netcapital.com/files/b3cbfff1-5ad6-4d1b-93e3-696e3de4d21a/offeringpage.jpg

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 04:17:10 AM »

So Lightning has now raised $25,069.00. Considering it went from 16,600 to 17,600 to about 19,600 it looks like a few folks are willing to send a grand or two Lightnings way. Sure is a long way from the 5 million they are hoping to raise.

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 04:38:18 AM »

I like how they project Strike sales at 60K units a year.

A number that truly makes sense...

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2023, 01:30:13 PM »

So another email this morning from Lightning bragging about how fast their bikes can charge and with a link to their netcapital page where it shows they have now raised $38,829.00. Here is the body of the email:

Even with charging stations widely available today, slow charging can still require over an hour and some vehicles still require hours to recharge.

Lightning has developed the Lightning-Fast Charge System which can charge a motorcycle to 80% in 10 mins, more than 5 times faster than our competitors.

Lightning's Fast Charging capability is a game-changing technology. Reducing charge time to the time it takes to refill your gas tank is one of the best ways to increase EV adoption worldwide.

Lightning is the first and the only motorcycle company offering true fast-charging capabilities!

There is only a limited time remaining for our community to have the opportunity to own a piece of Lightning. With your investment, Lightning can truly change the world by bringing world-class Lightning motorcycles to the masses!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2023, 07:10:38 PM »

What a joke!  If their batteries could really accept a charge that fast they should sell their patents to a major battery manufacturer and make a real fortune. Time to get out that toilet plunger and clear the drain before your big chance to invest in the company is gone.   :'(  I wonder what you get for your donation to Lightning? Lunch with the CEO, perhaps.  ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MVetter

• View Profile

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2023, 05:13:38 AM »

Here is the link to the charging video:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4