• May 04, 2024, 07:37:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Flush your money down the toilet or...  (Read 4324 times)

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Flush your money down the toilet or...
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2023, 10:41:13 PM »

Kind of like the dope dealer that is his own best customer, and then wonders why he don't have all the neat stuff the other dealers have.

Aaron

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2023, 10:59:26 AM »

did they change the close date of the funding?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2023, 01:30:27 PM »

Appear to have upped it for another month.

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2023, 07:40:52 PM »

The demand to participate in the funding was so high they extended it for another month! Amazing.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2023, 02:46:33 PM »

They raised just over $70,000 in one month and hoping to reach nearly $5,000,000.00. At this rate it will take them nearly 6 years to reach their goal provided there is a steady supply of people willing to throw a few hundred to a few thousand dollars at Lightning.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2023, 01:51:24 AM »

Think if they built 6 bikes with that, sold them, used the money to build 10 more, sold them, then 20 more sold them 50 more etc they'd be rich by the end of the year!!

Aaron

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2023, 01:40:50 PM »

If Lightning were to build a few bikes and loaned them to a few moto journalist for a week or two so they could write about them I'll bet they could sell a lot of bikes. But in all the years that Lightning has been around they have never noticed how other bike companies try to market their bikes.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2023, 07:26:36 PM »

They did that.  They took the 218 on Leno, some guy in a dual sport helmet did that old excelration video that was goofy but impressive.  Then came the Translogic video where the bike kept shutting down.
And down goes Lightning.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 07:40:32 AM by NEW2elec »

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2023, 06:42:36 AM »

Do we want to see Lightning survive?  I cannot make up my mind if that would be good or not at this point.

I don't think the other electric bike companies, such as Zero and Energica need more competition.

BTW, I once asked a Salesman at Eurocycles why they do not try to be an Energica dealer. They do sell Zero, which is not European, so just by their name I would think they would want to sell European such as Energica.

I was told those into electric bikes are not that many and they do not want to be competing against themselves in such a small market.

But I hear Energica doesn't yet make enough bikes to supply many dealers anyway.

-Don-  Yuma, AZ

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2023, 06:56:14 AM »

There are 3 EuroCycles in Florida that are Energica dealers.

edit- the Netcapital page is gone.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:13:31 AM by MVetter »

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2023, 01:38:07 PM »

My dealer sells both Zero and Energica. Was going to sell Alta before they went under. They had actually reached out to Lightning about being a dealer for them but never got a response back. I think the Strike had potential to sell and I think it would be good to see Lightning survive. But as we saw with Zero sometimes the leadership that brought the company to life and got it going is not the best ones to take the company to the next level. But Lightning is structured differently that Zero was and I don't think that the change that is needed can or will ever happen. I think Lightning will continue to flounder in obscurity and at some point die off. Time will tell.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2023, 07:27:27 PM »

It seems to me as if the guy that owns and runs Lightning is more into spreading hot air than building and selling electric motorcycles.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2023, 02:57:43 AM »

It seems to me as if the guy that owns and runs Lightning is more into spreading hot air than building and selling electric motorcycles.   ::)
Yeah, I noticed that also. I recall the first time I saw an advertisement about Lightning, and I thought that was one hell of a bike. Since then, I discovered what they advertised probably does not even exist. I think it was more a concept than a real bike that we can actually buy.  And that was many years ago.

It was as if they were advertising what we all wanted to hear.

BTW, does this exist? Read the specs. 12-minute charge time to 80%, etc.  What is the life expectancy of such a battery?

-Don-  Yuma, AZ
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2023, 03:23:32 AM »

Well they posted a video where they claimed 0-80% in 10 minutes and then when you watched the video it showed 30-71% in 11 minutes. Actually you know what here you go:

https://youtu.be/SDMNGBL8rh0?t=35

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2023, 10:41:43 PM »

It seems like Lightning could turn it around with some transparency. They claim to hold all these records for production electric bikes but never demonstrate that they are production bikes. Like if a record is legit, just say how many bikes you have produced instead of Hatfield's smoke and mirrors and shell games about all the happy lightning owners that only post on the "real" owners forum. Posting pics of bikes with no plates pretending to be one of the many that are out in the wild at a charger. Sometimes posting certificates of origin and calling it a title. Moving production to the broom closet in the back of Corbin's shop doesn't help sell the idea that they are making more than 2 or 3, "temp spec" bikes a year. 

I mean even Nikola trucks is recovering from the "rolling the model down the hill" scandal by coming clean.

I would love to support a struggling disruptor as consumers always benefit from competition, but don't cash my check and lie about what you're (not) producing) with it. I have a lot of friends here in the bay area in startups in all kinds of sectors. Everyone recognizes when a CEO plays by Skully's play book. Lightning, Damon, even Verge a little bit, all look like they are vapor ware venture capital mills.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4