• May 03, 2024, 11:10:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hello, New Strike R  (Read 3381 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Hello, New Strike R
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2023, 10:29:52 PM »

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2023, 01:42:25 AM »

I have no idea. I just thought that it was a piece of important information that the Strike article was about 4 years old and might not reflect the current design, specifications, price and availability of the Strike.
It looks like Hobnail will have to answer such questions.

I recall a lot of vaporware form Lightning in the past about what was coming. How much of it became true is what I would like to know.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2023, 04:50:09 PM »

Not sure how valuable that source of info may have been if it is so fragile to questions that are not packed in 10 feet of cotton and a protective bubble boy wrapping.  Keeping a positive outlook generally means not taking ones toys and stomping off like a 7 yo.

If things are improving with that company, I am sure we will see more people showing up real soon posting here about their new toys, now that it appears they are finally putting some product out.  Not sure if they will survive though.  Global Domination is a noble goal but reality tends to thwart those dreams real fast, and how do they expect to achieve this domination and still pay the bills while they are trying to build that dominance?

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2023, 05:27:18 PM »

Still impressive that they delivered a bike. Does it have fast charging?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2023, 08:34:41 PM »

From the picture I will say the shape of the inlet indicates there is a CCS port on the bike. That is the only thing we can know for sure. I have seen, and personally tested DC fast charging on a Strike before so I know it exists.

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2023, 09:30:00 PM »

Sucks the OP left. Want to know more about the bike.

How fast does it actually charge? what's the battery capacity and range? 

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2023, 06:44:35 PM »

The Bay Area Electric Motorcycle Club facebook group had its first group ride over the weekend. Im bummed i was traveling for work and had to miss it. But 4 Lightning owners showed up. 5 if you incude the "Tachyon" Streamliner.

Im super bummed i missed getting to see all of them.
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2023, 09:47:54 AM »

I don't count that because he's not an owner. He owns 2 Energicas, no Lightnings. 7 bikes, 4 owners from what I can tell.

Apollo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2023, 01:15:30 PM »

It will be interesting to see how this bike goes after a few years, especially with all that Chineseium in it!
Aaron
  Where did the concept of these bikes being built with Chineseium come from?  I was at the factory the other day and I was watching CNC machines build out all the parts.  Currently, they had a big stack of swingarms they were finishing up, then new end caps for the motors.  I didn't see anything from China.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2023, 02:46:15 PM »

There is a photo of the Lightning factory in China in this thread. https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=10650.0

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2023, 03:41:14 PM »

It will be interesting to see how this bike goes after a few years, especially with all that Chineseium in it!
Aaron
  Where did the concept of these bikes being built with Chineseium come from?  I was at the factory the other day and I was watching CNC machines build out all the parts.  Currently, they had a big stack of swingarms they were finishing up, then new end caps for the motors.  I didn't see anything from China.

oh shit did you fail to look at all of the instrument clusters and buttons/switches?

HoodRichOG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2023, 08:15:11 PM »

If they are actually China made it might be better quality than USA made. Chinese vehicle manufacturing is very high quality generally. They have really upped their game.

The real question is how many they are making if any at all ..

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2023, 07:20:18 PM »

But the stuff they export to the USA is NOT necessarily that same quality, it does not have to be.
Since most American companies, getting shit done in china because it's cheap,  they TELL them, keep it cheap.  Hence the crap you see on the shelves today.

You are correct though, China IS capable of making some very sturdy equipment that will last a long long time, but they make it to specs the customer tells them to.

Aaron

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2023, 08:54:59 PM »

Precisely. You get what you pay for. They are perfectly capable of building things to quality specifications. But if you want the cheapest possible, you get the cheapest possible.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2023, 03:29:27 PM »

When I was spec'ing out my Fast Charger from Setec, I went back and forth probably 20 times, ironing out every little detail that *I* wanted in the charger, what will it do, what won't it do,  No I NEED it to do this and that,  ok we can reconfigure it for your needs.  Also told them, I want QUALITY, not a piece of K mart shit and was told, that's the only product we put out, we don't do cheap bargain stuff, you want flimsy stuff, go elsewhere.

The charger arrived, very sturdy construction, and of course I 'Looked' inside it, very solidly constructed, and did not get chincy, nice solid HEAVY gauge wire,  supported, and the fucking plug to the bike, damn that thing is heavy.  Well, has to handle 60 amps for continuous use so yah, it would need to be and is.  Good solid copper wire, not shitty aluminum as I HAVE seen in some Amazon / E bay chargers being sold.

Start up is pretty effortless, and the safety features, my plug on the bike, I did not seat it until the latch clicked, both the bike and the charger let me know of the fault and would NOT charge!  I checked for leakage current,  given CCS can go up to 1 Kilovolt, I want to know this won't cook my cookies if shit gets wet.  None that I seen,  VERY SOLID charger!!  and it is built to I guess it's UL here not sure what it is in other countries... standards.

The price was by far, much cheaper than I seen on other chargers of lesser power, and the other chargers all needed 3phase 440 vac, they could not / would not make it to run off 240 vac.

China builds stuff how they are told and paid to  build it,  if it's shit, that is because the customer (American Business') TOLD them to make it that way to keep costs down!  They don't like lawsuits either and over there, if a company or business owner embarrasses the country by causing one because they did something shady, well... they just disappear, or are executed, so there is even MORE incentive not to fk around too much for them !!

While I LOVE to see things made American,  if America can't keep up, or it's prices are out of control because a company HAS to play with union labor, well, sorry.

I'll pay an extra 50 cents for an item to see 'Made in America' on the label
I will NOT pay an extra 5 dollars for the same item  to see 'Union Made in America'

Aaron
Pages: 1 [2] 3