• May 03, 2024, 09:56:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Prove me wrong: Lightning never sold a single LS-218 to a regular consumer  (Read 8706 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Prove me wrong: Lightning never sold a single LS-218 to a regular consumer
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 04:50:24 AM »

What makes more sense, that a regular consumer would actually accept that, or that someone in lightning's network is riding it for testing and to help them get press? In other words how do you know the bike is a legit delivery? Sure doesn't sound like one.
‘Cause I’m looking at it and talking to the owner right now.

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 05:44:24 AM »

‘Cause I’m looking at it and talking to the owner right now.

Well, fair enough, and how do you know that person isn't affiliated with lightning in any way other than having ordered a strike?

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 05:58:41 AM »

flattetyre,  Have you even read anything in this thread or watched the video? I think it is pretty obvious the guy that MVetter is dealing with isn't affiliated with Lightning. I say that because I have read this and other threads that MVetter has written and I have watched the video and I think it is safe to say that this isn't the kind of press that Richard wants for Lightning. There is very little positive that is being said about the Strike. I can't believe that Lightning would deliver a bike to a customer that has all of the issues described because it shows is just how screwed up Lightning really is. But I think it is great that MVetter is doing this because if a potential buyer is going to pay $20K for a bike it really shouldn't have the issues that the Strike seems to have.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 06:12:45 AM »

On the other hand, if someone thinks the bike is beautiful and want to get it built, or want to take delivery of what they have, that's fine, too.

Not everything comes out fully formed and perfect.  Certainly all other manufacturers had their rough years.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 07:20:59 AM »

On the other hand, if someone thinks the bike is beautiful and want to get it built, or want to take delivery of what they have, that's fine, too.

Not everything comes out fully formed and perfect.  Certainly all other manufacturers had their rough years.

-Crissa

Put a deposit on one of 3 choices

Wait

Pay in full at final assembly

On the other hand?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2020, 09:31:48 AM »

Well, fair enough, and how do you know that person isn't affiliated with lightning in any way other than having ordered a strike?

I guess I can't, ultimately. What I will say is after the hours I've spent riding and talking with him I do not believe he is affiliated. He could be an amazing actor and a liar, but I do not suspect that even in the slightest. I believe he is a regular person who happened to put an order for a bike in just at the right time and paid the full amount.

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »

I believe he is a regular person who happened to put an order for a bike in just at the right time and paid the full amount.

I give your assessment the benefit of the doubt and contrary to what that other poster said I certainly don't think you are connected to the company. Can you think of any way we could independently verify that these bikes are actually being sent to unaffiliated consumers? How might we do that besides traveling to California and trying to talk with people who possess a Strike?

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »

I mean that's kinda what I did with the ONE, yes ONE I could find today.

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 04:00:43 AM »

Morgan, admit that you're a Lightning shill and they haven't actually delivered any "production" motorcycles  ;D

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 05:25:50 AM »

No one said or thinks MVetter is a shill. His locked thread on the front page of this forum is great evidence of his impartiality.

On the other hand, the biggest electric motovlogger is definitely a shill, publishing almost completely one-sided info on Lightning as the company courts him. Your viewers deserve better, as many of them may know next to nothing of the situation and see your endorsement as a go-ahead to make a deposit, even though there is good reason to believe that may be an unwise move at this point in time.

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2020, 05:54:42 AM »

Listen bro, first off, that was sarcasm. A joke. Morgan and I are buds,so you can relax.

Second, if you haven't ridden a Strike, you don't know how good or bad it is. I have, and I loved it. Even as Brandon said in his video, the way the chassis feels is amazing, and that's what I focused on in my video. The FEEL of the bike.

I don't work for Lightning or get money from them, and it's not my product. There was no bias going on. All I do is share my experience. My channel is called newzeroland and I ride a Zero, yet I had no problem saying that I didn't like the SR/F. Go ride a Strike or talk to someone who has before pretending you know anything about them.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2020, 06:13:07 AM »

I got to see it and damn, I thought it was beautiful.  It may have reliability issues, but I dunno how much of these things will be safety issues.  I think we freak out about the tiny chance of an electrical risk when a gas bike would be tons more dangerous.

*shrug*

I hope they get to finish that bike.  Because it looks like a Lamborghini compared to the Energica's Ferrari and the Zero's well... Something Japanese.  ^-^

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 06:25:41 AM »

Because it looks like a Lamborghini compared to the Energica's Ferrari and the Zero's well... Something Japanese.  ^-^

Haha that's a cool way to look at it  ;D

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2020, 06:38:42 AM »

Lambos weren't known for their practicality or reliability ^-^;

So yeah.

-Crissa
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:54:07 AM by Crissa »
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

MVetter