• May 14, 2024, 11:37:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2011, 12 13 zero technical documents presentation found  (Read 2417 times)

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
2011, 12 13 zero technical documents presentation found
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:18:43 AM »

These document that i dont know if they are public ( but that i found easy on the internet) might have some secret that will interest you about the 2011, 2012 and 2013 zero ;)

some details seem common but you might find some normally "hidden to public" informations :-X

Model 2013 technical training:

http://prezi.com/swimi4sjsztf/my-13-training/?utm_source=website&utm_medium=prezi_landing_related_solr&utm_campaign=prezi_landing_related_author

and this one :

http://prezi.com/u5ez4tdecz59/my-13-tech/?utm_source=website&utm_medium=prezi_landing_related&utm_campaign=prezi_landing_related_author

with that i got more info about the MBB   command lines ;)

Doc
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:32:28 AM by Doctorbass »
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: 2011, 12 zero technical documents presentation found
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »

Very educational, good to see them advancing so quickly with technology, very cutting edge.

ColoPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:59:46 PM »

Very interesting.   Only 277 total units sold in 2012?  Only 106 of those were S models?  Wow.  There has been lots of conjecture on this board that sales were alot higher.
2012 S ZF6    03 BMW K1200GT

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »

I get a "not found" message when I click either of your Prezi links.  :(

Trikester

ColoPaul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:20:28 PM »

I get a "not found" message when I click either of your Prezi links.  :(
Yup, they're gone now.  Apparently they were not for public consumption.  Shame.

They had lots of cool pictures of the 2011, 2012, and 2013 battery packs and info as to why they are better and better.
They had a section talking in depth about 2013 charging technology and chademo.
They had a section describing the '11 agni, the '12 motonergy and the new '13 zero-build motor; also with pictures and tech info
They listed the 2012 DS as 0-60 in 8.0s;  and then all the '13 model's times.  I remember 2013 S8.5 as 5.3s;  2013S 11.7 as 5.7s.
They had a section about suspension improvements in the '13 models.   
There was a section that talked about the user interface (phone connection) to the 2013's.  That was cool.
The talked about the 2012 recalls,  what the causes and fixes were.
2012 S ZF6    03 BMW K1200GT

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 09:44:33 PM »

Well, that would have been very interesting reading.  I guess I wasn't the "early bird" today.   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

dahlheim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »

wish i would have read this earlier.  i would certainly have downloaded everything i could.  one of my long-worn hats is that of a hacker.  there's always a way.

to me, "hiding" any technical info about a product i paid for seems inconsiderate, even rude.  it wasn't the norm in the past, only since the unfortunate boom of companies like microsoft.  now it's considered necessary and appropriate.  very lame.

currently, 12 Zero DS ZF9, 07CRF450X, 03GL1800, 02R1150GS, 01XR650R, 00XR400R, 76GL1000

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 12:38:29 AM »

Much of the information is about the 2013 bikes, not the 2012. I really wish Zero would make technical information about the bikes available to the end users as well - I think it would cut down significantly on support costs.

Keep in mind that the presentations were created back in September, and could be using sales data that's even older. The presentations felt like they were a draft presentation - some of the slides had text that was hidden by images, and some of the slides felt like placeholders.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
Re: 2011, 12 13 zero technical documents presentation found
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 01:38:54 AM »

Hey guys, i had some images i grabbed  before they completly dissapear from the internet!

If i would have known that they could be removed i would have saved all them!

OK.. i thgink i will shut my mouth.. maybe it's some people HERE that discovered that and asked the person that posted them PUBLIC to remove them.. dohh !

I wonder who it would be... :-X

PICTURES REMOVED TO PRESERVE ZERO MOTORCYCLE "CONFIDENTIALITY"

Doc
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:41:58 AM by Doctorbass »

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 01:44:31 AM »

The new charger seem to be an arrangement of serie parallel Mewanwell small 320W psu that have high efficiency and PFC

see the ZERO CHARGING = Ride Time   slide you can see these meanwell psu as charger.

Meanwell model: HLG-320H-54A

http://www.powergatellc.com/mean-well-hlg-320h-54a-power-supply.html

Doc

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 03:41:58 AM »

OK.. i thgink i will shut my mouth.. maybe it's some people HERE that discovered that and asked the person that posted them PUBLIC to remove them.. dohh !

Several Zero employees read this forum, and a few post here from time to time.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »

yeah.. i guess... anyway, these info are interesting for us and should be used in a  constructive way.

Doc

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 07:42:22 AM »

Hey guys, i had some images i grabbed  before they completly dissapear from the internet!

Doc

Seriously? Someone at Zero screwed up and posted technical info on site accessible via the Internet, proprietary info on technology that investors paid $$$ for Zero Engineering to develop, info that competitors can use to hurt Zero. Oops!

Gee, wonder why they took it down.

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »

Seriously? Someone at Zero screwed up and posted technical info on site accessible via the Internet, proprietary info on technology that investors paid $$$ for Zero Engineering to develop, info that competitors can use to hurt Zero. Oops!

All right, should i remove that?.. it was not written CONFIDENTIAL on any of these documents...
At my work we work withmilitary and aerospace and other high tech secret and ANY of the document we have MUST have the Confidential wrote on ALL pages... so are these pages confidential or not?

I'm serious and i'm asking opinion to everyone here. I  like Zero and i dont want to embarasse them as well.

If these document are really confidential informations then please someone inform me, as far as i know i saw nothing indicating that.

Doc
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:41:35 AM by Doctorbass »

flar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »

All right, should i remove that?.. it was not written CONFIDENTIAL on any of these documents...
At my work we work withmilitary and aerospace and other high tech secret and ANY of the document we have MUST have the Confidential wrote on ALL pages... so are these pages confidential or not?

I'm serious and i'm asking opinion to everyone here. I  like Zero and i dont want to embarasse them as well.

If these document are really confidential informations then please someone inform me, as far as i know i saw nothing indicating that.

Doc
A mature company would have lots of policies and internal training to make sure that employees knew how to mark and distribute confidential docs, but I don't think those kinds of processes necessarily exist in a young company like Zero.  And I think, while "confidential implies not wanting it to be public", you can't reverse that - lack of labeling simply doesn't indicate anything one way or the other.

So, if you are looking to help Zero out, assume that it was confidential information that you weren't supposed to find.  That would certainly correlate with how quickly they took them down...
Currently riding: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Used to ride: '88 Hawk GT, '97 BMW F650 Funduro
Other electric motorcycles test ridden: 2012 Zero S/DS, Brammo Empulse R, 2013 Zero S, Energica Ego/Eva
Other EV own: Tesla Model X
Other EV test drives: Tesla Roadster/S/3
Pages: [1] 2