• May 04, 2024, 11:10:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tank storage - USB  (Read 1052 times)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: Tank storage - USB
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 02:02:44 PM »

Why not just put a purse-size battery into the bike somewhere to power the accessory if you want it on when the bike isn't?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 01:48:52 AM »

SR/F owners manual states not to power anything off the 12 volt battery , it is use to power certain systems like ABS.

Emergency flashers too, I would bet, since it would be good to blink those when stranded at the side of the highway.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 02:10:02 AM »

Man, I wish my car's emergency flashers were on their own mini-battery.  If the electrical system goes out, the thing is a dark lump in the middle of the road. (Don't ask me how I know.)

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 04:55:49 AM »

Man, I wish my car's emergency flashers were on their own mini-battery.  If the electrical system goes out, the thing is a dark lump in the middle of the road. (Don't ask me how I know.)

-Crissa
Don't know about CA, over here the law requires placing a reflective warning triangle after a stuck car/truck (not motorcycle); one is provided with every car sold, and is sometimes checked for during the annual MoT inspection.
These triangles are passive, but there are now versions with  LEDs & battery that some folks here carry instead for better visibility. They don't really fold small enough for motorcycles, but would easily fit in a car. 

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 05:46:17 AM »

We're not.

But I have a set of flares in my car.  It's just not useful when it stops working in the middle of a lane and you aren't really waiting for a tow.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

goomicoo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 07:56:02 AM »

-Crissa
Sounds like you have an i3!
Pages: 1 [2]