• May 07, 2024, 08:01:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Krikit tension gauge easier to read mod  (Read 2302 times)

MajorMajor

• View Profile
Re: Krikit tension gauge easier to read mod
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 01:57:49 AM »

Can anyone figure out the required frequency for the weight range for Zeros (20-30 kg)?

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 08:17:30 AM »

Try it out on yours and see what you get. I would set the phone on something for consistency as I was just holding it.

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 06:08:34 PM »

What my dealer told me was you strum it like a guitar. The specs for my SR are 96.3hz-124hz. I don't know if this is the same across the board though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 10:19:24 AM »

So how hard did you push with your finger to get 1/2 inch deflection??? The harder I push, the more it deflects on mine... Is there "slack" on yours, where you can barely touch it and it will easily deflect some before it starts to resist your pushing it?

No weight, just pushed on it with my fingers.
'15 Zero SR

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 02:43:30 AM »

I just pushed it til it stopped without really forcing it.

w5yk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 07:38:17 AM »

When I got my new 2016 FXS I could feel right away that the belt was way too tight. I bought one of those Krikit gauges but I got a wildly different reading every time I used it, so I then bought a proper gauge...

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-6673-Universal-Tension-Gauge/dp/B000I198J0

This revealed that the belt was set to around 100lbs (from the factory!). I adjusted it back to factory spec and it felt much better. No creaking, groaning and general squealing.  After doing a bit of experimenting, I decided that the Krikit is OK for getting a ±50% type of reading if you need something for an emergency set up by the side of the road, but its no substitute for a real gauge.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:40:01 AM by w5yk »

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 10:49:23 AM »

Maybe you are not using the Krikit correctly? With mine I am getting very consistent readings netween measurements in the same place on the belt, no more than 10-20% off from each measurement. Is it correct? That I don't know, but just by feel I think it is close.

When I got my new 2016 FXS I could feel right away that the belt was way too tight. I bought one of those Krikit gauges but I got a wildly different reading every time I used it, so I then bought a proper gauge...

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-6673-Universal-Tension-Gauge/dp/B000I198J0

This revealed that the belt was set to around 100lbs (from the factory!). I adjusted it back to factory spec and it felt much better. No creaking, groaning and general squealing.  After doing a bit of experimenting, I decided that the Krikit is OK for getting a ±50% type of reading if you need something for an emergency set up by the side of the road, but its no substitute for a real gauge.
'15 Zero SR
Pages: 1 [2]