Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Brought my Redshift SM home tonight

<< < (3/3)

Keith:
Zero chain noise is also quietest between acceleration and regen. I think the rollers click on the pins under load. I've wondered if the motor end caps on the Zero radiate some of the sound, seems more from the front sprocket to me. Larger rear does mean the chain moves faster at a given speed.

speedkills:
 I rode the Zero FXS and SR today.  Both much quieter than my Alta with the chain.  The belts did squeak a bit which wasn’t my favorite sound but it’s definitely a nice experience riding with that little sound.  Too bad they are so tame feeling.  I hope having Alta around with force Zero to add a little excitement to it’s bikes to compete with the fun factor of the Altas as I wouldn’t mind having something like an SR someday but I can’t see myself buying a bike that doesn’t loft the front wheel when I twist it to the stops.

Ireek:
Yeah, Zero is what started this whole thing for me, first I rode the FXS and really liked it, then I rode the DSR and liked it but it felt sort of blah, nothing at all wrong with it but it just wasn't fun to ride, I could see having that bike for touring around on which is what it's designed for, I would like to ride the SR, that might be one to look at some time in the future.  BUT, I'm so glad I went with the Alta first, fun factor on this bike is absolutely off the charts!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version