Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Brought my Redshift SM home tonight

<< < (2/3) > >>

speedkills:
My wife said those foot pegs look great but that she won't get on if I get the orange ones.  Looks like I'll need to wait a week or two before ordering a set :D

EliteMotorsports:
No worries, white and black sets are on the way ;)

odedmaz:
How is the chain noise on the Alta? Is it a "in your face" type noise like on a chain equipped Zero? Much louder than a belt?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

speedkills:
Hard to say, I haven’t ridden a zero yet but plan to Saturday so I can respond back after then.  It’s not silent, just turning the key on it hums as the electrics are powered up, not a nearly silent hum, but one you can hear a few feet away.  Absolutely in no way offensive though. 

Now that I think about it, I believe chain noise is nearly non-existent because it makes an obvious whir under acceleration, and a different one under regeneration, but if I hold the throttle in the magic don’t accelerate or regenerate position it gets super quiet. 

I find I like the decel noise, like I did on my old TL1000R, it’s different, but fun to hear it putting power back into the bike.  Certainly nothing loud enough you would have a hard time talking to a passenger or someone beside you over though.

odedmaz:
Thanks for the detailed description. For some reason (perhaps the huge rear sprocket), the chain noise in the Zeros is very loud (and quite unpleasent).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version