Makes And Models > Other Electric Motorcycles

LS-218 vs H2

<< < (2/5) > >>

Doug S:

--- Quote from: MrDude_1 on October 31, 2017, 08:53:20 PM ---You cant always go off of age as a factor.

--- End quote ---

I can with the Zero. I know for certain that the 2014 isn't as quick as the later models. I have to figure at least some of the others are out-of-date too.

Frank:
A 12 second time for the 1/4 mile is ridiculous!  That is considered slow these days.

Doug S:

--- Quote from: Frank on November 01, 2017, 05:33:29 AM ---A 12 second time for the 1/4 mile is ridiculous!  That is considered slow these days.

--- End quote ---

It is. The Zero's forte has never been top speed. High speed requires high horsepower, and the current SR only puts out 67 hp. My bike (a 2014) doesn't even put out that much (The actual number escapes me just now). But electric motors are all about the torque, and torque is what determines 0-60 time. Torque is also far more useful and satisfying in the real world. Outside of a race track, you can't use a 150 mph top speed anywhere (legally), but you can use all the torque you've got at every stoplight and stop sign.

JaimeC:
As someone once posted:  "Horsepower is how fast you hit the bridge abutment. Torque is how far you knock it out of position."

MrDude_1:

--- Quote from: JaimeC on November 01, 2017, 10:05:59 PM ---As someone once posted:  "Horsepower is how fast you hit the bridge abutment. Torque is how far you knock it out of position."

--- End quote ---

•Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
•Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
•Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
•Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
•Low side is when the bike slides into the wall.
•High side is when you're thrown over the wall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version