• May 04, 2024, 09:53:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2010 Zero DS parts bike for sale - Oakland CA  (Read 1204 times)

sdeluca

• View Profile
2010 Zero DS parts bike for sale - Oakland CA
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »

I am selling my 2010 Zero DS motorcycle. The Agni 95R electric motor is currently removed. I was having problem with the Agni 95R motor and removed it for inspection by Zero Motorcycles. They concluded weak magnets, sent back the motor and determined a new motor was in order. I opened up the motor myself and inspected it, but with my limited knowledge I could not find any others problems. It seems the solution is in fact a new motor or someone with more knowledge taking a crack at inspecting it. Replacing the motor would cost somewhere between $700-1100. I would rather sell the entire bike for $1150 OBO to be stripped for parts or the motor fixed and see someone else get the bike back on the road. I have some other ICE project bike coming my way soon, I need to make room and I can't be bothered with my electric experiment anymore. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

A quick run down on the condition of the bike. The stock knobbies have been replaced with Avon AM26 Roadriders less than 500 miles ago. The brake pads, front and rear were also replaced within 500 miles. The bike has seen some off road action and has been down, but no significant damage. The previous owner (only put on 500 miles) tipped the bike once in his garage and one of the side indicators broke through the faring. I have epoxied it back into place and you can't even tell it was ever damaged. The battery and engine have ~5200 miles on them. This leaves the battery with plenty of charge cycles left in it. The ECU finds faults relating to the throttle/motor on start up. There is limited documentation from Zero. The fault is also very generalized with the actual cause being a multitude of possibilities.
Should you replace/fix the motor, this bike would make a fantastic commuter bike in SF or Oakland. It is fine on the highway as well. I commuted to the SF from Oakland often and it was fine. The range is around 50 miles on a single charge, or less with highway driving. Or if you switch out the Avons - it is a blast off road.

I would like to so the bike as a whole. Currently I am not parting it out.
The bike is located in Oakland Ca. I will not ship it, local pickup ONLY.

sdeluca

• View Profile
Re: 2010 Zero DS parts bike for sale - Oakland CA
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »

Sold
Pages: [1]