• May 04, 2024, 08:07:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GPS tracker on 2014 Zero?  (Read 1141 times)

biolife

• View Profile
GPS tracker on 2014 Zero?
« on: May 23, 2014, 12:46:40 AM »

I've been busy moving and getting new furniture, so I've been pretty distracted since I picked up my bike around two weeks ago. I'd like to put a GPS tracker in it, though haven't yet had as much time as I'd like to explore the internals of the bike and get out the multimeter.

Has anyone managed to put a GPS tracker on their bike? If so, where did you get power from and where did you put the tracker?

DynoMutt

• View Profile
Re: GPS tracker on 2014 Zero?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 01:04:41 AM »

I'd guess you would want to look into getting the power accessory rail kit installed.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=193

http://media.zeromotorcycles.com/resources/owners-manuals/2013/2013-Zero-Owners-Manual-S-DS.pdf

Also, search the Zero section of this forum for "Sumitomo plug"

DynoMutt

• View Profile

biolife

• View Profile
Re: GPS tracker on 2014 Zero?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:45:02 AM »

Excellent, thanks for the reply! I'll take a closer look into this. I hope one day GPS is included by default in Zero bikes (ideally accessible through the app) so you can turn tracking on and locate your bike just like you can locate your iPhone, etc.

I'm heading down to LA in a couple of weeks, so I may also stop by Hollywood Electrics (seems to be pretty popular among these parts!) and see what they have to say. Presumably they've done plenty of mods for Zero bikes, so it should be a good learning experience :)
Pages: [1]