• May 04, 2024, 11:47:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Diy Battery Upgrade to my DS 2011 to add 100km range !!  (Read 7410 times)

trikester

• View Profile
Re: Diy Battery Upgrade to my DS 2011 to add 100km range !!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:08:22 PM »

I guess the downside is that you will need a second DC - Dc converter, but it would be lower power than the main one on the bike.

Trikester

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 12:49:38 AM »

I have few EV-200 contactor  in my lab so i also plan on replacing the one in the stock zero 2011. The Kilovac are excellent because they consume about 1.7W only and are 100% sealed.

Doc
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:04:07 AM by Doctorbass »
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »

Here is an overview of the final version of the battery connectoin i chossed:

( no worrie i will replace the actual Alltrax controller adn will replace it by a 90V 600A Kelly =) so it will be able to take 84V on a fully charged battery. Also, the stock 14s LiMn BMS of the zero will remain intact and will continu to manage the zero battery. All the serie and parallel battery i will add will be independent BMS protected and all will have a diode to avoid reverse current problems. Also the recharge will be protected with diodes.

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »

Is this the bike with your recuperation?

How do you make recuperation with the diodes? I don't know how your recuperation work but I have done some thinking with additional batteries at the 2012 and diodes would destroy some nice ideas!
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:59 AM »

Is this the bike with your recuperation?

How do you make recuperation with the diodes? I don't know how your recuperation work but I have done some thinking with additional batteries at the 2012 and diodes would destroy some nice ideas!

Yeah, The diode would bypass the regen i agree, but it's a choice betweenhaving  regen or havingextended range with battery protection against reverse current if one or more battery disconnect.

That project is more complicated becasue from now i decided to keep the actual stock battery of the Zero and by that way the need of keeping the BMS and MBB.

The second thing i could do is redesing the battery to have only one battery with 84V and 100Ah, but i would also need to build a fake circuit that fake the 14s battery bank to the mbb to have it still working and not detecting error.

the actual 2011 MBB can not manage more than 14s and to have 84V i have to incresse the number of s (battery bank in serie) wich is a problem... so the way i choosed to have everything working together is to keep the stock zero battery with all the protections, and then to add with extra battery with protected strings in parallel and in serie

Doc.

BSDThw

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 12:59:16 AM »

I see you do a lot of work in your bike, but every thing I saw of you was always really professional. I did some smaller mod during winter time but my garage has same temp as outside, and we had an awful long winter.
So it was not to much fun. The location//garage I saw of you seams to be more cozy than mine.

Will be interesting what you can get out of your 2011.

The leg of regen is not so bad I just was curious if you found an easy way to do it!

Curious how your bike will look in the end.
Air Drag Sucks - 2012 Zero DS ZF9 - 2013 Zero FX ZF5.7
Pages: 1 [2]