• May 05, 2024, 12:15:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: ISO faults from the older chargers with uninsulated fans question  (Read 315 times)

2020_SRS_Commuter

• View Profile
ISO faults from the older chargers with uninsulated fans question
« on: September 22, 2023, 08:55:10 AM »

Bought my SRS premium new in Sept 2020. Shortly after the two year mark I started having ISO faults in heavy rain. Then it got even worse, where if the bike is under covered parking in rain, just the rain coming in from the side was enough to cause it. Even mild rain. A while back I tried sealing around the top of the battery pack, and I thought I had solved the problem, but no. Tonight I tried precisely applying water to various points with a large syringe for feeding animals. Had no luck for a while, then when I put a syringe of water in each of the chargers air vents  from the right side, with it resting on the side stand, the ISO fault occurred within seconds of starting a charge.
So looks like I have the chargers with a design flaw people have talked about.
I heard they would replace them under warranty, and even after. Do you think they would swap them now, after 3 years? If not I guess I will remove them, open the chargers up and seal the fans myself.

Zelidar

• SR/F Premium 2019
    • View Profile
Re: ISO faults from the older chargers with uninsulated fans question
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 02:48:39 PM »

Exactly the same situation here and the new chargers solved that problem. For me that problem peaked last summer and they were exchanged last October, so 2 years and 10 months after I bought the bike. My dealer already had one of the new charger in stock and I remember he had to negotiate with Zero to get me the second one for free, parts and work.
I wish you the same luck I had.
- Zero SR/F Premium (since 22.11.2019)
- (2007-2019 nothing and no car since 2017)
- Yamaha FJ1200 (2nd), FJ1200 (1st)
- Honda CBF 750, NX 650, MTX 125
Pages: [1]