• May 18, 2024, 08:56:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Nissan Leaf Cells  (Read 42460 times)

rycketyryder

• View Profile
Nissan Leaf Cells
« on: November 23, 2022, 03:55:43 PM »

I take 100% of this info direct from my Craigslist posting for Denver CO. If you aren't local, expect to pay for shipping.

https://denver.craigslist.org/for/d/westminster-nissan-leaf-cells/7568625038.html

I have a sizable quantity of Nissan Leaf cells that come from 2 cars.

I have 36 cells from a 2012 Leaf.
I have 48 cells from a 2015 Leaf.

All of them are fully tested for good functionality. They are all still quite useful for EVs or other uses! Cell voltages should be around 3.5v right now. I have various mounting hardware and large connectors as well. I don't have any of the bolts or copper buss bars or other wiring.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 05:43:32 AM by rycketyryder »

rycketyryder

• View Profile
Re: Nissan Leaf Cells
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 04:30:06 AM »

Well...people keep looking at this post, but so far no one has even contacted me.

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 10:42:00 PM »

245 reads so far, no messages. Why doesn't anyone contact me?

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 12:01:44 PM »

GEEZ! 393 views and zilch! No one even asks about them!

T.S. Zarathustra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 05:06:07 PM »

Since you keep posting.
60-80% remaining capacity means the cells are beyond use. Cells with 80-90% remaining capacity are generally considered "due for replacement". They're only useful in very limited range of applications, since self discharge and internal resistance render them unreliable. 

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 04:17:33 AM »

They are still useful for fixed location uses like solar. It's how I'd use them.
So what they are too far gone for use in an EV...that's not the only way to use them.

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 02:55:58 PM »

685 reads!
People clearly can't see past their desire for "only new" Leaf cells!
These cells have LOTS of life in them still!!!

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2022, 03:20:27 AM »

859 reads...still good for lots of uses!

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2022, 02:34:02 AM »

916 views...still good for lots of uses folks!

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2022, 05:37:40 AM »

OOOOoooooh! 1035 views...lol.
Surely someone can use these cells for a solar or other fixed location use!

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2022, 09:36:18 PM »

Every time I visit the Electric Motorcycle forum, I click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" link. I then open every post in a new tab to "view" them and clean out all the posts since my last visit. I am sure I am not the only doing this. I have personally viewed your posts several times and have zero interest in the batteries because you keep replying to your own post.

I said all that to say this, if you really want to sell those batteries, this is not the sight for it. People looking to buy used cells are not going to come here looking them, but don't listen to me, I am not buying or selling anything so what do I know?
2022 Energica Esseesse 9 RS Bormio Ice
2018 Tesla Model 3 Metallic Red wrap (Black) LR AWD

2020 Harley Livewire Fusion Yellow (traded in)
2014 Brammo Empulse in Yellow (Sold)
2013 Zero S 11.4 - Black (returned to Zero)

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2022, 03:08:04 AM »

I appreciate your feedback, but you are you and not the entire world or even the entire number of people that visit this forum. You'll have to accept that I'll keep posting and that your opinion is exactly that...your opinion and not that of the entire world or even of everyone in this forum. I'm not posting anything objectionable. I'm attacking no one and not being offensive in any way. I'm trying to sell a stack of used Nissan Leaf cells. So you are not the person to buy them, that's fine. But you are one person and that's is all. I'm not going to accept your opinion as that of everyone. I'm more than willing to keep posting until the person that does want these cells comes along. They are NOT used up and still quite good for lots of applications! For a starter pack for a car or bike, they are quite usable. Someone might want a pack that they use for bench testing and range isn't very important. Someone might want a fixed location storage pack for solar or who knows! There are literally dozens of applications for partly used cells! You'd prefer that I go away and toss these cells in the garbage just so you are not inconvenienced by a notification! Surely you can see this is pretty selfish, not thought out and rather short sighted?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 03:12:29 AM by rycketyryder »

rycketyryder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2022, 03:16:13 AM »

Hi folks!
Used Nissan Leaf cells! Lots of life still in them, but not perfect. Rather than hate on me for trying to sell them, why not recognize that I'm honest and not trying to pull a fast one on anyone! It's a travesty for them to get recycled when they still have so much life left in them! If I had the ability to use them I would, but I can't so I'm looking for someone out there that recognizes there value!

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2022, 06:28:00 PM »

You might have more luck posting them in endless-sphere.com than here.

If you're wondering why people read but then aren't interested, it might be becuase you don't have a location or even country in the title. It's the sort of thing that is impractical to ship abroad.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Mooseman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2022, 09:09:26 PM »

Sooo... Lots of views and nobody is interested in the cells.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but doesn't that mean that it's time to accept that nobody wants them and to move on? Unless you generated all the clicks yourself to generate a fake interest so people would think "oh, everybody wants those cells so I better hurry and buy them before someone else does".

Anyway, since you keep bumping your ad over and over again I'd like to remind you of the registration agreement that you agreed to when you signed up, particularly the section about spam.

And now please excuse me, I have a bunch of Zero cells that I need to sell on the Nissan Leaf forum which undoubtedly is the right place to offer them.
2014 BMW K1600GT
2020 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
2021 Zero piece of iron that doesn't work and can't be repaired
Pages: [1] 2 3 4