Tech > Tech Help

2023 Zero FX Z7.2 (app no worky??) UPDATE--NOW WORKY

<< < (2/2)

misterfixit2k:
UPDATE: I was finally able to get the BlueTooth app to work well enought that I could put my custom ride information into the controller.
I limited the torque to 5% and the regen to 100% (both neutral and brake). Still plenty of torque for off road use (the reason I did it) and gives me more throttle control in tight spaces without spinning the rear with these compromised dual sport tires that came on the bike ... will update when knobby gets mounted -- still playing on the tarmac so will burn down the stock tires before true dirt tires are mounted.
Still loving this machine, and the silence during the ride off tarmac is exhilarating . To hear the tires crunching the rocks and gravel below has only been heard by my ears when going down hills with the ICE off, and even then the chain noise covered much of that.
It's much like the sound of riding a mountain bike -- WITHOUT pedals and the foot pegs positioned where they are the most effective for suspension control -- LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :)
I'll be 73 yrs old in a few weeks, and didn't expect to buy a new motorcycle this late in life, I'm paying today (ouch) for the fun I had yesterday, but it was SO much fun, I will down more Tylenol and go out again at first opportunity.

MVetter:
Glad to hear you got it working. But, to be clear, that bike will never be a part of the Cypher III platform. Your dealer is misinformed. Cypher III is dependent on hardware that does not exist on your bike.

EVFX:
In case it helps anyone in the future.
I found what works for me is first get the bike into pairing mode, then on my phone make sure the WIFI, GPS and BT antennas are on before opening the app, then try to connect to the bike. I have about an 80% success rate, if it doesn't connect quick enough for me I just close out everything on the phone, turn on airplane mode, turn it back off and try everything again. Usually works by the 3rd attempt.

When I'm trying to connect while charging, without putting it in pairing mode manually, it's about a 50% success rate.
I'm not sure where the BT antenna is on the bike, but it isn't in a great spot, and seems very susceptible to interference and metal objects nearby.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version