• May 07, 2024, 10:38:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Electric Motorcycle List  (Read 1299 times)

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
Electric Motorcycle List
« on: May 03, 2019, 11:24:13 AM »

It's been a while since I've been here.  I'm still hoping to get back into riding electric one day, and in the meantime I'm keeping an eye on what's being developed.  Here's a list in progress that I started.  I welcome any pointers, corrections, comments, etc.

Cheers!
Pat
Owned:  2013 Zero DS (now dead)
Test rode:  2014 Zero S, SR, 2015 Zero FX, 2016 DSR and FXS
http://ptruchon.pagekite.me/

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Electric Motorcycle List
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 07:02:13 PM »

A column for risk factor probably ought to be in there.  Some of those options call for a deposit and then payment in full at production time.  Hence a bankruptcy could make a total loss it seems to me.

The torque values should all be at the rear wheel to be meaningful.  At the tire diameter, that Fuell one sure seems out of place.

There is battery capacity that is useable and battery capacity of the cells if filled and drained more than is sensible or allowed by the battery management.  Again these need be useable values to do a real comparison.  The ones that are realistically available most likely have a mile range by a standard test.  A column for that would be informative.

Same with power and top speed there is max and then there is continuous max at a certain temperature.  My pick up truck sure is limited as to top speed so not sure top speed is a useful value without specifying if it is really a max or a limited value.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:24:19 PM by Fran K »

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »

If you really want to make a list of electric motorcycles and scooters that goes on forever, just check out this site's articles over the past year. How many of these vehicles that ever made it into production and are available to the general public for sale would take even more research, though.  ::)

https://electricmotorcycles.news/news/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 10:02:23 PM »

Thanks guys,

I'll dig a little deeper to make sure that the comparison is fairer.  It's a bit hard sometimes with the way they present their specs.

I should have also mentioned: my goal is not to make an exhaustive list of every electric motorcycle that was, almost was, and then wasn't (it looks like that's what this book does).  I just want a "brief" list of bikes that are the most likely to go to market so I can quickly check it from time to time to help me with my next bike purchase.

Thanks again for the feedback!  Anything else?  Any obvious brand that I missed?
Owned:  2013 Zero DS (now dead)
Test rode:  2014 Zero S, SR, 2015 Zero FX, 2016 DSR and FXS
http://ptruchon.pagekite.me/

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 03:13:41 AM »

Thanks guys,

I'll dig a little deeper to make sure that the comparison is fairer.  It's a bit hard sometimes with the way they present their specs.

I should have also mentioned: my goal is not to make an exhaustive list of every electric motorcycle that was, almost was, and then wasn't (it looks like that's what this book does).  I just want a "brief" list of bikes that are the most likely to go to market so I can quickly check it from time to time to help me with my next bike purchase.

Thanks again for the feedback!  Anything else?  Any obvious brand that I missed?

Zero S/SR/D/DR with Power Tank.   And the same models with the Charge Tank.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »

Well first I would not have a Li-ion vehicle where so much of the year is so cold.  The range loss is still too great and the cost is too high for the limited time you can ride.

That being said I'll help your list a bit.  The Lightning Strike "Carbon" is the only one offered "in the beginning" that's 20kWhs and around $20k U.S. dollars.  Who knows when or if the $12k one will be out?

If I remember correctly you didn't like the Zero service you got when you had a problem so you gave up on them. 
That really just leaves the Livewire if you want big company service support. 
I've contacted  Lightning asking about warranty and repair info and they never replied.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 09:19:45 PM »

Well first I would not have a Li-ion vehicle where so much of the year is so cold.  The range loss is still too great and the cost is too high for the limited time you can ride.

Not ALL of Canada is "The Great White North."  Vancouver is rather temperate all year round (which is why it is one of the most expensive provinces in which to live).
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 05:43:43 AM »

Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS