• May 20, 2024, 01:11:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 10,000 Km on an Oxygen Lepton  (Read 2115 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
10,000 Km on an Oxygen Lepton
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:10:16 AM »

After three years of use, I have just passed the 10,000 km mark on my electric scooter, or about 6,000 miles. Not bad for a small scooter of this kind. I have always been thinking that electric vehicles are an answer to peak oil; not the definitive answer, of course, but at least a way to maintain some mobility on roads in the years that will come. Electric vehicles are a technology that exists and that works. So, for the past few years I have been testing the idea in practice.

So, let me give you some data about this experience. First of all, about the scooter itself. It is the "Lepton" model made in Italy by a company named "Oxygen". It has a rated power of 1500 W, maximum speed (electronically regulated) of 45 km/h and a nominal range of 40 km. It is not on sale any more for private users, although it is still manufactured in a version for commercial transportation. Now you can find equivalent Chinese scooters that sell for about 2000 Euros. I think that the Lepton is much better than this new generation; but, in general, these small motorcycles are very similar in terms of performance and construction.

See link below for more...

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/4500
Pages: [1]