• May 04, 2024, 02:49:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2016 ZERO DSR RIMS AND TIRES question  (Read 1672 times)

andreashogue

• View Profile
2016 ZERO DSR RIMS AND TIRES question
« on: October 06, 2016, 03:52:21 AM »

I bought a 2016 DSR and love the idea of riding off road, however the tires are better on road than off.  I have called the dealer twice hoping to get a price on rims, knobby tires(would appreciate a recommendation) and rotors. but twice I haven't heard back after hearing "let me do a little research"  As I can understand, I don't think my local dealership deals with a lot of zeros if anyone has a recommendation of a dealer I can call, Or anyone I can speak to great recommendation I'm making my DSR more dirt ready I'd appreciate it. Thank you

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: 2016 ZERO DSR RIMS AND TIRES question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:30:29 AM »

I'm making my DSR more highway-ready, but the fact is that the wheel size is not too common, and tires last almost twice as long on a Zero, typically, so they probably just haven't had to perform a match like that before.

For what it's worth, my OEM tires lasted on my 2013 DS for about 12-13k miles and the 2016 DSR just had the rear tire changed at 11k miles and the front will probably last to 13-14k miles.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

ZEM Tahiti

• Zero Emission Motorcycles & Scooters Tahiti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:00:01 AM »

Hi Andrea,

you can get real enduro/MX tires  from Pirelli (genuine brand for ZERO) even in these sizes:

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/scorpion-rally#/size-range

You will have better handling / traction on trails, but much poorer on street than stock.
But I would recommand only if you use your bike on trails/dirt surface more than 2/3 of the time ... Which is not DS/DSR program at first...
ZEM Tahiti stands for Zero Emission Motorcycles in Tahiti. Our island size is perfect for the electric range.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 07:09:47 AM »

My first thought would be that FX wheels and tires would work. Since Harlan at Hollywood Electrics has done several Supermoto conversions, I would
imagine that he has stock FX wheels and tires on hand. If not on hand, HE would be the best person around to know what will work.
Pages: [1]