• May 07, 2024, 12:47:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Don't bust you Asse!  (Read 575 times)

Low On Cash

• View Profile
Don't bust you Asse!
« on: January 17, 2017, 02:35:39 AM »

Living up here in North Georgia around 20 minutes from Suches, Ga  and a little over an hour from the Tail of the Dragon we get a lot of Florida bikes up here, in fact the past week we've had temperatures in the 70's and Sat & Sun it looked like Summer up here with all the bikes on the road.

Regretfully, Ive heard from a few of my buddies that a lot of guys are going down on our back roads like RT60 & RT180. The reason is they coated all the hills and turns with fine gravel a week or so ago during a storm however there is still a good coating of gravel, so please watch the roads and ride safe!

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
Re: Don't bust you Asse!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 05:43:33 AM »

I'm guessing you're referring to "chip sealing" (google ;), which is what they do out here in N. CA. I've no experience riding a recently chip-sealed road on my Zero, but I know bicyclists (I ride road ~10Km yearly) avoid chip-sealed roads for a few weeks. Riding over tiny, loose rocks is not fun. Or good for the bike.
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

Low On Cash

• View Profile
Re: Don't bust you Asse!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:38:16 AM »

Thanks for the reply - this is a little different - when they coat the roads with salt brine for freezing weather, they spread a thin layer of fine pea rock to help get traction on snow and ice. It can take months for it to work its way off the edge but until it does its a real problem for bikes.

Thanks
Pages: [1]