• May 04, 2024, 04:41:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Motorcycle.com lives with a 2015 SR  (Read 1834 times)

SteveInNC

• View Profile
Re: Motorcycle.com lives with a 2015 SR
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »

So where did you get the bracket adapters?

I have a huge supplier of Pelican cases locally but have not been able to find any decent adapters. Twisted Throttle has some, but the lock mechanism is weak. My fab skills suck so I'm not able to make something myself and have it turn out decent.
[/quote

Interested in this also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickSteeb

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 07:52:12 AM »

So where did you get the bracket adapters?

I have a huge supplier of Pelican cases locally but have not been able to find any decent adapters. Twisted Throttle has some, but the lock mechanism is weak. My fab skills suck so I'm not able to make something myself and have it turn out decent.

The aluminum plates started out as 19" relay-rack panels; a lot of jig-sawing, drill and belt-sander work resulted in plates that fit onto the Givi pegs, with a hole that fits over the Givi latch-protrusion.  Rather than attempt a [weak] lock-snap mechanism, I drilled down through the Givi latch parts just outboard of the aluminum plate, so that a 3" long wood screw can be installed to secure each of the plates.  A kluge, but it's *very* secure!   Found the cheapo cases via Google search... on Amazon, IIRC

Disclaimer: Note that the ElCons weigh about 4x the rated capacity of a 22liter Givi side case...
Current fleet: (2012 DS Recalled), 2014 SR, 2013 FX

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 03:17:03 AM »

Very cool! I am stealing that latch idea. I spent a couple months 3D printing some Givi-compatible latch designs and was not happy with any of them.

FYI, Caribou Cases used to offer bolt-on "fork" brackets to fit the bottom Givi lugs, but I no longer see them on the spare parts page: http://cariboucases.com/

Also their DIY kits look a lot like your solution: http://cariboucases.com/Do-It-Yourself-Kits/  :-)
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR
Pages: 1 [2]