• May 16, 2024, 06:02:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Are Livewire sales still happening?  (Read 1999 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Are Livewire sales still happening?
« on: July 18, 2020, 04:17:34 AM »

I haven't heard much about the Livewire lately. Are they still selling, or are their owners just not posting here?  The way things are going at H-D right now I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the production of the Livewire has been suspended for a while.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Are Livewire sales still happening?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 06:08:06 AM »

There was a story of a Livewire rider who rode from the Mexican border to Canada along the West Coast on a Livewire.  That's fairly impressive.  But as for how they're selling?  No clue.  I haven't seen one on the road yet (but then I've only seen one other Zero besides mine on the road here too).
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 06:54:33 AM »

I haven't heard much about the Livewire lately. Are they still selling, or are their owners just not posting here?  The way things are going at H-D right now I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the production of the Livewire has been suspended for a while.  ???
I saw a guy just leaving to test ride a LW at the Reno Harley shop yesterday when  I was picking up an oil filter for my Harley. I have no idea if the guy decided to buy the LW, he was still out riding it when I got out of the shop around ten minutes later. But I hear both Reno and the Rocklin, CA shop has sold several LWs. Reno had three LWs in stock for sale the last time I was in there before yesterday and yesterday I didn't see any in the store, I only saw the one being test ridden.

I was there on my Energica. But the LW rider didn't even notice it.

I would expect more  LW owners to be in the forum here.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 06:59:44 AM »

There was a story of a Livewire rider who rode from the Mexican border to Canada along the West Coast on a Livewire.  That's fairly impressive.
I would be more impressed to see an electric motorcycle to get to SusanVille, CA from here in Reno. Or from here in Reno to Salt Lake City. Or from here in Reno to Bridgeport, CA.

It's not so much the distance, it's more  the charge station locations that we are dependent on.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 01:57:10 PM »

Well, I just saw a Livewire ad on The Daily Show.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »

My local Harley dealer had sold none when I took a test ride on one a few weeks ago (Seacoast NH area).  They had two in the showroom.  It's a really, really nice bike.  It's a harder sell in this area without a 6KW level 2 (the only DC charging station that would be close to me would be the Harley dealer).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 08:00:10 PM »

I saw a guy just leaving to test ride a LW at the Reno Harley shop yesterday when  I was picking up an oil filter for my Harley. I have no idea if the guy decided to buy the LW, he was still out riding it when I got out of the shop around ten minutes later. But I hear both Reno and the Rocklin, CA shop has sold several LWs. Reno had three LWs in stock for sale the last time I was in there before yesterday and yesterday I didn't see any in the store, I only saw the one being test ridden.

I was there on my Energica. But the LW rider didn't even notice it.

I would expect more  LW owners to be in the forum here.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Well, that forum has 944 members so far.  Not bad for a specialized motorcycle that has only been on sale for a few months and in the middle of a pandemic, too boot.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 11:31:15 PM »

Well, that forum has 944 members so far.  Not bad for a specialized motorcycle that has only been on sale for a few months and in the middle of a pandemic, too boot.
Yeah, HD sold a lot more LWs than I expected at 30K$ considering its  mickey-mouse charging system, especially for level two.

-Don- Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 11:39:42 PM »

My local Harley dealer had sold none when I took a test ride on one a few weeks ago (Seacoast NH area).  They had two in the showroom.  It's a really, really nice bike.  It's a harder sell in this area without a 6KW level 2 (the only DC charging station that would be close to me would be the Harley dealer).

Steve
And fast charging near home is useless. You want  CCS chargers around 50 miles away from you in every direction if you normally charge at home as do most people.

Here in Reno, only north on hwy 395 is a problem for that 50 miles. Nothing up that way from here.  But for more than 50 miles, I can only go west into CA, but that works best for me anyway.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 06:01:02 PM »

Steve
And fast charging near home is useless. You want  CCS chargers around 50 miles away from you in every direction if you normally charge at home as do most people.

Here in Reno, only north on hwy 395 is a problem for that 50 miles. Nothing up that way from here.  But for more than 50 miles, I can only go west into CA, but that works best for me anyway.

-Don-  Reno, NV

True enough Don, I really should have said that DC fast charging is nowhere near my office (50 miles from my home).  There are many Level 2 stations in the parking lot there.  I am mainly concerned with my commute, but being able to Level 2 in my garage is also a plus.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

oldmanbythesea

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 08:08:58 AM »

Hey!
I'm new to ALL of this (the chat, the electric scene, HD) but have to jump in because I am thinking about jumping in...to all of it.
1. I've never had a Harley (just Hondas) but always wanted one.
2. I've never had an electric anything, but always wanted one.
3. I have been fantasizing about Livewire off and on for years but really hard lately
4. I recently came in to EXACTLY $30k with the message 'Do something that brings you happiness' so...
5. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE, I live in Rhode Island and commute FIFTY miles, one way, mostly on the freeway to work
Am I crazy for thinking plugging this in at night and again at work when needed will work?
Am I crazy for dropping this kind of money on an EV HD in a pandemic?
Follow your heart?

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 08:25:42 AM »

Maintenance is cheep.  Well worth it in my opinion.

You can buy a Chevy bolt cheaper, but not nearly as fun.

oldmanbythesea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 08:25:06 AM »

Maintenance is a great point that I had not even considered to be honest-thank you!

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 05:11:38 PM »

Hey!
I'm new to ALL of this (the chat, the electric scene, HD) but have to jump in because I am thinking about jumping in...to all of it.
1. I've never had a Harley (just Hondas) but always wanted one.
2. I've never had an electric anything, but always wanted one.
3. I have been fantasizing about Livewire off and on for years but really hard lately
4. I recently came in to EXACTLY $30k with the message 'Do something that brings you happiness' so...
5. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE, I live in Rhode Island and commute FIFTY miles, one way, mostly on the freeway to work
Am I crazy for thinking plugging this in at night and again at work when needed will work?
Am I crazy for dropping this kind of money on an EV HD in a pandemic?
Follow your heart?

I also have a 50 mile one way commute (80% highway, 20% backroads).  I do it regularly with my SR/F (similar range).  I have Level 2 at work and at home and charge when I get there.  Even with Level 1 charging on AC  (simple plug in to an external outlet), I was able to recover the 50 miles in a few hours (and I work longer than that).  Charging on both ends works well for me.  That's where Level 2 is nice though (6KW) since DC chargers are probably still rare in office parks, where Level 2's are pretty plentiful, but not a deal breaker by any means.  With Level 2 I recover the 50 miles in a little over an hour.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 07:24:31 PM »

I have not seen a LiveWire recognizably on the road here in Wisconsin. I did pull into a ChargePoint and the App indicated the previous vehicle was a LiveWire.
Pages: [1] 2