• May 07, 2024, 12:56:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FXS: Replaced my low beam with LED  (Read 1412 times)

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
Re: FXS: Replaced my low beam with LED
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 04:09:34 AM »

I'm running FX-style headlights on my SR these days, and I switched from stock to LED recently.

These work well, but I had to cut the rubber seals so the woven heat sinks would have some place to go, and find a weatherproof place for the little interface boxes.

I'd add pictures, but (a) they aren't handy and (b) my mounting is not really applicable to others.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 09:38:59 AM »

Of course they're applicable!  Certainly to X platform, but I was looking at doing that, too.

How does the light cast work?  I'm not a fan of the S-platform Cityfighter wrinkly throw pattern.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »

Same.here - i used stronh water resistant duct tape to enlarge the black rubber case. Works fine.

Also i only replaced one light out of two to keep a legal light for the crossing light, and a stronger light only for the full light position

I'm running FX-style headlights on my SR these days, and I switched from stock to LED recently.

These work well, but I had to cut the rubber seals so the woven heat sinks would have some place to go, and find a weatherproof place for the little interface boxes.

I'd add pictures, but (a) they aren't handy and (b) my mounting is not really applicable to others.
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
Pages: 1 [2]