• May 05, 2024, 08:25:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Using the costum setting as speedlimiter  (Read 1209 times)

Jan Wespelaar

• View Profile
Re: Using the costum setting as speedlimiter
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »

Its 7 months since the last exchange on this topic, and I'm in the meantime about 600€ speeding penalties for excessing 30km/u further :o, making may question painly relevant.

That's than also the reason why I reactive this question, "is there someone how has found away to lower the maximum speed setup in the costum setting below 60mph (97km/u)" and if possible as low as 20mph (30km/u).

There are thousand of better ways to spend money that to pay speed penalties. And sorry but controlling that low speeds manually is near to impossible, or dangerous because you would need to concentrate more to your speed measuring than to the traffic around you, but this hasn't worked as excuse to the police officers :-X

Best regards, Jan

Auriga

• View Profile
Re: Using the costum setting as speedlimiter
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2020, 11:27:19 PM »

Hi Jan,
As previously mentioned, Zero has said they are unable to limit speed to a value below 60mph due to some regulation in general use bikes.
I don't know which though.

I know they did a demo event where they brought bikes limited much lower than that, so I know it's technically possible.

But it seems unlikely you'll get what you want without some hackers and/or a dealer willing to go experiment in the guts of the MBB.

You could always get an SR/F or SR/S with cruise control, I think that works down to about 20mph. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]