• May 06, 2024, 11:23:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dealer Thread  (Read 1875 times)

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
  • Portola Valley, California
    • View Profile
    • Angler Wranglers Demolition Co., est 1895
Re: Dealer Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 12:55:43 AM »

The delivery truck more or less passed my house and still I had to drive 1000+ kilometres to get it:

My wife and I were ecstatic when Zero delivered (!) our second 2014 DS to the house, after a charging issue the day we bought it. We live 30 miles from the Zero HQ, but this is above and beyond our other vehicle experiences, no doubt!

2014 Zero DS "Wrangler", PowerTank, 25T drive sprocket: www.AnglerWranglers.com

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 05:09:41 AM »

That is a lot nicer truck than the old pickup that they used to collect and return my 2012 Zero S to my home when it needed its throttle assembly replaced shortly after I bought it from my dealer.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
  • Portola Valley, California
    • View Profile
    • Angler Wranglers Demolition Co., est 1895
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 06:29:13 AM »

That is a lot nicer truck than the old pickup that they used to collect and return my 2012 Zero S to my home when it needed its throttle assembly replaced shortly after I bought it from my dealer.   ;)

Wow, great service for the peninsula! Hopefully, they will be a model and an inspiration to their dealers  :)
2014 Zero DS "Wrangler", PowerTank, 25T drive sprocket: www.AnglerWranglers.com

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 07:33:29 AM »

Wow, great service for the peninsula! Hopefully, they will be a model and an inspiration to their dealers  :)

Those were the early days. The factory doesn't provide that kind of service anymore.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

evdjerome

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 07:44:13 AM »

I live in Virginia. I've ordered a couple parts from Hollywood Electrics drop shipped over the years. Most recent was last December.
2015 Zero DS 14.4 (originally 12.5)
2012 Zero DS 9 (sold)

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 08:52:39 AM »

I second that.  When I lived in Florida I had my 2012 Zero sent to my house drop shipped from Hollywood Electrics.  No matter where in the world you live, they can offer unmatched support.  Many little things that a dealer would probably say "bring it in", Harlan would say, "oh, no big deal, just do this" and that was it!  You could still take it to a local dealer if anything hardware wise went wrong, but these days that is less and less likely.

I would suggest everyone at least consider ordering their Zero from Hollywood Electrics.  I can promise, no one knows electric motorcycles better anywhere.  If you check out their facebook page and see some of the photos, you will see there are hundreds of Zero owners who are called part of the Hollywood Electrics "family".  And when you order from them, that's exactly how they treat you.

If you have a dealer 10 miles from you in town, I can see the potential benefit in forming a relationship that way, but if not, you know what I'd do. 

https://www.facebook.com/hollywoodelectrics/
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 05:51:04 AM »

I second that.  When I lived in Florida I had my 2012 Zero sent to my house drop shipped from Hollywood Electrics.  No matter where in the world you live, they can offer unmatched support.  Many little things that a dealer would probably say "bring it in", Harlan would say, "oh, no big deal, just do this" and that was it!  You could still take it to a local dealer if anything hardware wise went wrong, but these days that is less and less likely.

I would suggest everyone at least consider ordering their Zero from Hollywood Electrics.  I can promise, no one knows electric motorcycles better anywhere.  If you check out their facebook page and see some of the photos, you will see there are hundreds of Zero owners who are called part of the Hollywood Electrics "family".  And when you order from them, that's exactly how they treat you.

If you have a dealer 10 miles from you in town, I can see the potential benefit in forming a relationship that way, but if not, you know what I'd do. 

https://www.facebook.com/hollywoodelectrics/

Can you describe your experience with Hollywood Electrics more?  How did your purchase costs compare to buying local?  Did you have to do some assembly or setup when the bike arrived?  Did you have to pay CA tax?  Have you needed any warranty work?
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR
Pages: 1 [2]