Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Alta Motors - After a few months of real world testing

<< < (2/3) > >>

droidish:
Nice write-up Scott. Thank you.

Any experiece with deep water crossings, like at least countershaft sprocket deep?

Judaslefourbe:

--- Quote from: droidish on May 22, 2017, 06:49:27 AM ---Any experience with deep water crossings, like at least countershaft sprocket deep?

--- End quote ---

Hi,
I will let Scott comment from his experience, but it should be no problem since the bike is rated IP67 (30 minutes under 3 feet of water)

EliteMotorsports:
I haven't done any deep water crossings personally...I plan to this summer. I have pressure washed the bike after each ride with absolutely no problems though.

droidish:
Thanks guys.

I am a gearhead through and through, but a complete neophyte with respect to EVs. That IP67 is an interesting specification. Where does one find stuff like that? Would it be in the printed material that comes with the bike, or a detail known to engineers and developers?

EliteMotorsports:
Here is the definition of an IP 67 rating:

"Enclosures constructed for either indoor or outdoor use to provide a degree of protection to the personnel against incidental contact with the enclosed equipment; to provide a degree of protection against falling dirt; against hose-directed water and the entry of water during prolonged submersion at a limited depth; and that will be undamaged by the external formation of ice on the enclosure"

6 = Totally protected against dust
7 = Protected against the effects of temporary immersion between 15cm and 1m. Duration of test 30 minutes.

http://www.ruggedtech.com/ip_codes.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version