• May 19, 2024, 10:47:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Ducati MotoE bike has been built and is already being tested  (Read 2942 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: The Ducati MotoE bike has been built and is already being tested
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2022, 07:26:03 PM »

There is a lot more information regarding the Ducati V21L racer prototype here, including technical details, closeup photos and a "tech talk" video. It seems like a lot of information for a racing motorcycle, unless that bike is being built as a technical demonstrator and will not be racing against other brands.  ???   https://thepack.news/ducati-unveiled-the-technical-details-of-the-motoe-project-v21l-in-a-video/
That's the same video that Fred linked above, unless I'm missing something. Still don't see anything about VAG engineers, just Ducati & Ducati Corse engineering teams.

And indeed since the MotoE series has a single supplier for the bikes which are all identical, and for the next few years it's the V21L, this bike design won't be racing against any others.

While there is no mention of VAG engineers helping to design the Ducati's power train, I doubt that Ducati designed the bike's power components from scratch. No doubt they are experts at ICE design, but EV is an entirely new direction and they would need help from EV experts to put that bike together. That is expertise that they wouldn't initially have. The logical source of that knowledge, as well as finding and sourcing the best EV components, would most likely come from VW in one form or another.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

flynnstig82r

• Just another lanesplitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2022, 10:48:04 PM »

I’m guessing Ducati is going to target MY 2025 for a road-going version and that it will initially be a very sporty model similar to the Panigale (PanigalE?) or perhaps the Streetfighter. I expect that the Experia will continue to be the only upright sport-tourer with DCFC in the electric segment for about 5 years. Because of this, I believe that Energica will have a significant-enough advantage over established gas manufacturers that they will never catch up (unless Energica installs poor leadership and squanders their advantage like Zero did). I predict that an Experia or equivalent will be 1 year ahead of Ducati and Triumph’s offerings for the foreseeable future, which will allow them to position themselves as a low-volume premium brand, like MV Agusta. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still love to see an electric Multistrada and Tiger duking it out in that segment and keeping Energica on their toes, but I don’t think they’re going to bring these models out until c2027 or so, and I don’t expect them to be better than the MY 2027-28 Experia.
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 AE

Past bikes:
2020 Energica SS9 13.4 kWh
2017 Zero SR 13.0 kWh
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
2012 Yamaha FZ6R

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2023, 08:14:19 PM »

Ducati starts production of their MotoE electric race bikes:  https://thepack.news/ducatis-production-of-motoe-bikes-for-the-2023-championship-has-begun/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 [2]