• May 07, 2024, 09:05:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: EVs at the EICMA show  (Read 495 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
EVs at the EICMA show
« on: November 12, 2023, 07:58:06 PM »

This week the "Pack" has been showing various electric motorcycles and scooters that are being displayed at the EICMA show. There sure are a lot of them, compared with previous motorcycle shows. Almost all seem to be city or suburban runabouts with modest performance and range. But they all have wild styling, at least to my eye. I wonder how many of these new EV companies are going to be around in two or three years? How will their customers get parts and service? It is starting to look like the "wild west" when it comes to two-wheel EV concepts and prototypes: https://thepack.news/news/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

gregj

• View Profile
Re: EVs at the EICMA show
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 03:46:13 AM »

I suspect that India may end up being one of THE leaders in EV motorcycles the way it is looking. The RE electric looks like it may be a real e motorcycle. If they make it as well as the new 452 Himalaya I might finally have a Emotorcycle in my future. The question is will it do over 100kph...

Grauteufel

• View Profile
Re: EVs at the EICMA show
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 05:00:18 AM »

I hate to say it, if any bike companies are going to disappear it would be the ones only making big highway capable bikes. I know these are the ones you and I see as the only "real" bikes, but those runabouts with mild performance (<50cc equivalent) account for over 80% of the 60million bikes sold last year. Not to stereotype, but these people mean very little to manufacturers, they don't care about after sales support or servicing. China and India alone account for 64% of all sales, with all of Asia being around 90%. The US in total is less than 0.9%.
Pages: [1]