• May 07, 2024, 01:46:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2024 Beta Explorer  (Read 648 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
2024 Beta Explorer
« on: November 21, 2023, 08:35:06 PM »

The latest issue of American Motorcyclist contains a full-page ad on page 11 for the 2024 Beta Explorer "100 percent electric" dirt bike. In the ad they claim "* up to 100 miles ride time - 40 mph top speed - rocket boost mode - swap the battery in three minutes for twice the adventure".  At the bottom of the page, in very small and faded print which is almost impossible to read, there is a note for the "*" : "Maximum range in slowest speed setting" (Whatever that is.  ::)  )
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

SwampNut

• View Profile
Re: 2024 Beta Explorer
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 02:38:17 AM »

So just like any other vehicle?  The estimated range (fuel economy) is never in performance mode.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 04:22:09 AM »

You are correct in post 1.  There is an asterisk that will set you in search of that faint print.  Seems the same "ink" used for the topographic map under the motorcycle.  From the page I wandered to from the link in the print magazine "The range varies on mode user “50-100 miles” in the Casual mode. The Casual mode cuts the top speed and torque in half compared to the Medium mode, which Beta says is good for “30-60 miles.” A Rocket mode is good for a 10-second power burst; reverse is standard."

There is another Beta ad on page 70 they are the sponsor for the AMA dual sport series.  Guy on a Beta won the hare scramble my club put on last year and maybe even the whole series, points for placement drop one score work one event.

The 150 pound low voltage bike of this type isn't discussed on here that I note.  Using their numbers, I get 2.6kwh battery.  I have weighed similar sized wheels the weight seems pretty low to me.

Starpower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 11:09:52 PM »

IMO it is yet another offering of a dirt bike that fails to match the value of the AdmitJet Armor. I concede to the 100 pounds less weight (and that is indeed a big deal!) but for the same price delivered the  Armor has twice the battery at 5kWh and a top speed of 85. The 4 speed tranny provides for an insane 1st gear tree climber and all day wheelies, while 4th gives that 85 mph. Fit, finish and hardware is super nice.
'13 Zero S 12.5 100% Solar charged, '14 BMW S1000R, '23 Admit Jet Armor, '21 Ninja 400, '21 WR250R

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 03:37:11 AM »

IMO it is yet another offering of a dirt bike that fails to match the value of the AdmitJet Armor. I concede to the 100 pounds less weight (and that is indeed a big deal!) but for the same price delivered the  Armor has twice the battery at 5kWh and a top speed of 85. The 4 speed tranny provides for an insane 1st gear tree climber and all day wheelies, while 4th gives that 85 mph. Fit, finish and hardware is super nice.

Are you an AMA member receiving the monthly magazine?

I looked at that admitjetarmor and the chasis is a copy of my ktm freeride.  While the freeride lists for $11,000 they imported 1000 of them and seem to be selling for $8000 (no dealer prep conveyance fee freight just If you know what state to go to the sales tax is due when you get an off highway plate or real plate if you try and suceed) with dealer network and 3 year warranty, been importing here since 2017. Even less at one place on cycletrader though I don't know if that is out the door.  As to value your admitjetarmor says 1 year warranty, I see the Beta thing this thread is about is two years on battery and  motor.  Best I can tell they, admiraljet are looking for dealers.  Beta likely is taking applications as well though likely it would help to be an A or AA rider.  ;D  Start a therad about them post a link to the exploded parts list etc.  This beta thing has surron product I think is a better comparable.

I don't see you put a location in your profile. If you are near Ct or Ma USA bring one by I have access to private property where I can bring a guest.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 04:16:06 AM by Fran K »

Biff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 04:55:39 AM »

The Beta Explorer bike appears to be a re-brand of the Apollo RFN bike:

Apollo bikes (ICE):
https://www.apollovehicle.com/Motorcycle

They seem to have split their "RFN" electric bike line to a new sub company or something:
https://www.rfnbike.com/

-ryan

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2023, 08:09:16 PM »

RFN racing fears nothing.

Unfortunately there isn't a class for these things around here that I am aware of.  If you are female or over 40 years of age there is a class you could enter.  I guess if you were in the top 15 last year and now are AA for a year you could enter on one of these as well.

Edit:  There is a sportsman noncompetitive class so I guess you could enter it just isn't really in the race.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 08:25:45 PM by Fran K »

Starpower

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2023, 10:32:29 PM »

Are you an AMA member receiving the monthly magazine?

I looked at that admitjetarmor and the chasis is a copy of my ktm freeride.  While the freeride lists for $11,000 they imported 1000 of them and seem to be selling for $8000 (no dealer prep conveyance fee freight just If you know what state to go to the sales tax is due when you get an off highway plate or real plate if you try and suceed) with dealer network and 3 year warranty, been importing here since 2017. Even less at one place on cycletrader though I don't know if that is out the door.  As to value your admitjetarmor says 1 year warranty, I see the Beta thing this thread is about is two years on battery and  motor.  Best I can tell they, admiraljet are looking for dealers.  Beta likely is taking applications as well though likely it would help to be an A or AA rider.  ;D  Start a therad about them post a link to the exploded parts list etc.  This beta thing has surron product I think is a better comparable.

I don't see you put a location in your profile. If you are near Ct or Ma USA bring one by I have access to private property where I can bring a guest.

Yes, long time AMA member. Live in Nor California. They are indeed hoping for dealers.
'13 Zero S 12.5 100% Solar charged, '14 BMW S1000R, '23 Admit Jet Armor, '21 Ninja 400, '21 WR250R
Pages: [1]