• May 07, 2024, 01:48:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Naxeon I AM electric motorcycle  (Read 1889 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Naxeon I AM electric motorcycle
« on: December 06, 2023, 08:45:19 PM »

This looks like another feature-laden electric city motorcycle concept to me. The company appears to be Chinese. One thing that caught my eye is they claim that they are (or will be?) using "semi-solid state" batteries that have greater performance than current lithium batteries. It would be interesting to know which brand of batteries they are using. The "technical video" shows some unusual electronic features, such as a system that tells when a rider is sitting on the bike (nothing new there for air-bag equipped cars) and another feature that identifies the rider (the Chinese face-recognition system, perhaps?). I assume that is a theft-preventive feature. Maybe they should back off on the electronic features a bit and concentrate on manufacturing and marketing a basic bike that will get you around town, instead of one that will play tunes and put on a light show for you.  ::) However, those are a lot of electronic gadgets for 7,400 Euros. Who needs to actually ride anywhere when you can sit in your garage and watch a light show.  ;)

https://thepack.news/introducing-naxeon-i-am-a-new-vision-on-electric-urban-mobility/

Be sure to check out the 4-minute long video.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Naxeon I AM electric motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 09:26:59 PM »

By solid state, I am assuming they mean no chemical reaction taking place? Which would make it a capacitor then?  They do have some cap based power supplies out,  Kilowatt Labs is one company but i am not sure they are still functioning.  They are a bit heavy but the tech looks awesome.  They can take a pretty large amp draw and claim  1mm cycles, which is not bad at all!

I agree though, stop with the whistles and bells and how about some base functionality and reliability for a change.

Aaron

Edit:  Have to put the cigarette lighter back into the vehicles so one can light their doobie to woof while laxing and watching the light show.  Weed and WiFi, what else could one possibly want?  ::)

All the gizmoy stuff in the handlebars, while looking nice and nifty, how much is it going to cost to fix / replace all that stuff when the thing tips over, which it WILL at some point or another? 

Id not be too keen on the connectivity either.  That is one big thing that turns me OFF on the Rivian, I don't want the vehicle connected constantly with stuff automatically updating and basically spying on me.  You drove too many miles today, YOU charged during peak hours, your driving privelage is SUSPENDED for 3 days!!  I don't want ANYone else besides me with the ability to turn the thing on or off, police, govt, or anyone!

Definitely am interested in what they combined battery tech is?  Have to be careful on that though, don't want it to be just like the Hybrid cars, where it's just more stuff to go wrong.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 09:37:02 PM by Specter »

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 09:51:47 PM »

Id not be too keen on the connectivity either.  That is one big thing that turns me OFF on the Rivian, I don't want the vehicle connected constantly with stuff automatically updating and basically spying on me.  You drove too many miles today, YOU charged during peak hours, your driving privelage is SUSPENDED for 3 days!!  I don't want ANYone else besides me with the ability to turn the thing on or off, police, govt, or anyone!

LOL, it's China, they are 100% surveilled already.  And I guess you won't be buying any new cars or bikes ever again.  My Zero is "spying" on me also.  And the Tesla...whooooboy, I even let them use the driving habits for an insurance discount.  (Which is huge when I drive, and a little lower when the wife drives a lot, she's aggressive.)  I'll happily trade my soul for a discount, yes.

I'm glad my Zero knows if it's being stolen, and don't give one flying fuck if Zero the company knows where I go.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 03:53:45 AM »

How about when your state declares an energy emergency, and no-non critical loads can be on the grid.
Your charging, it can wait, we'll disable your bike until the crisis is over.
so you have to go to work, soddy choddy, you can pay a 50 dollar excursion fine or just wait it out.

Rolling blackouts are coming very soon,  planned rolling blackouts, the more they can control you, the more they can force you to comply with their wishes.  But hey, if you are happy with that cool.  Don't get caught wasting electric on a light show during peak hours though or they'll take your weed away too and disable your lighter !!  Butane lighters have long been outlawed because of the CO2 they emit.

Aaron

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 04:09:02 AM »

How about when your state declares an energy emergency, and no-non critical loads can be on the grid.
Your charging, it can wait, we'll disable your bike until the crisis is over.
so you have to go to work, soddy choddy, you can pay a 50 dollar excursion fine or just wait it out.

Rolling blackouts are coming very soon,  planned rolling blackouts, the more they can control you, the more they can force you to comply with their wishes.  But hey, if you are happy with that cool.  Don't get caught wasting electric on a light show during peak hours though or they'll take your weed away too and disable your lighter !!  Butane lighters have long been outlawed because of the CO2 they emit.

Aaron

LOL!  Nuttier than a shithouse rat. 

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 04:22:01 AM »

In the past there has been talk in some U.S. states about installing trackers to measure the mileage that your vehicle travels each year and sending you a bill to replace state gas taxes. I think some insurance companies have done something similar, but with the vehicle owner's approval. They will base their insurance premium on the distance that your car travels.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 06:50:03 AM »

There are a couple of companies doing mileage based insurance.  Our Tesla does risk based, but not mileage based, which is odd.  And it's working against us right now.  Since I got the Zero, I don't drive at all unless I really have to.  My wife is an aggressive driver, I think cars are boring and drive like a granny, and 98% on Autopilot.  I never actually drive.  She won't use AP mostly, because it won't let her speed.  So the rate is going up.  Still far less than before, without risk awareness, but not as cheap as with me, since the rate seems to be an overall average.  I'd need to drive MORE to get a lower rate.

I normally rate 96-98.

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 08:26:21 PM »

My Energica has a tracker, it was a stipulation of my theft insurance which was a stipulation of my finance agreement. It transmits GPS data to a tracking centre who phone me whenever I move it with the ignition off.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 08:30:17 PM »

That's built into the Zero, but only notifies the owner on the app, not a third party. 

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 09:55:56 PM »

Since more and more people are moving to electric, they are not getting the taxes for the roads that are baked into gasoline sales, so expect soon that every year when you renew your registration, you'll have to report the mileage, and then your amount to renew will be based on that, so they can collect the road taxes that way instead.

So your insurance went up because of the way they seen your wife drive, yet surveillance is a GOOD thing.  Ok buddy, enjoy your higher rates.

Aaron

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2023, 10:03:31 PM »

I didn't say anything was GOOD or not.  You're making up words.  And yes, now I'm going to say it, it's good, because the rate is still lower than before.  There are clowns who herald the CA regulations that don't allow tracking-based pricing.  They are so proud of their restrictive government...preventing a discount.  LOL!

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2023, 10:45:30 PM »

110/70-170 mm Tyre front
140/60-170 mm Tyre rear

What is the chance this thing has 17 inch rims and moto journalists and their editors missed it?

I can see it is a hub motor because of the three wires where the lower part of a chain usually goes.

Is this reasonable 6.5/7.5 kW Rated power in that you can do that continious.  Like without overheating the hub motor.  Does it have cooling fins somehow?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 11:00:41 PM by Fran K »

hotsauce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2023, 10:46:28 PM »

If there's an emergency so severe that no non-critical loads can be on the grid then you should stay the f home. When has this happened? Oh right you're making it up to feed your fantasy

Your charging, it can wait, we'll disable your bike until the crisis is over... you can pay a 50 dollar excursion fine or just wait it out.
That sounds like a reasonable measure in an EMERGENCY. I mean, it sounds like you've really had to stretch to come up with this scenario, but that's beside the point

soddy choddy
Either you're having a stroke or you're tossing a racist stereotype out there for everyone to see

the more they can control you, the more they can force you to comply with their wishes.
Conspiracy theory nutjobs are always "they want to control you" like the mysterious "they" (side note: when you ask these guys who "they" are it always turns out to be "the jews". You might have to dig through a layer of "gloabalists!" dog whistles but it is) need to go to all these bizarre lengths to do so when advertising has shown that it's pretty easy to manipulate people's behavior without all these extra steps. But then they don't get to feel smug and superior, which is the main thing they get out of being conspiracy theory nutjobs

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2023, 12:12:48 AM »

AT 3:30 in the video on the site linked in post 1 I was hoping for a smoke show.

There is a 28 minute video if you go to the Naxeon youtube chanel.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2023, 10:13:19 PM »

California can't keep it's lights and AC's running as it is now,  So where are they going to get the energy to charge gigawatts of demand for electric vehicles all of the sudden?    But that's ok, I don't live there so won't have to endure the hell the enlightened ones have created for themselves.
It will be amusing watching though, as they all cry for their government to fix yet another problem for them, throw up some lunar panels behind the solar panels, that should get you 24/7 free green electricity then right?

Speaking on that, I wonder if Texas learned it's lesson from last winter, or are they going to repeat their disaster as well when it gets cold out.

Aaron
Pages: [1] 2