• May 08, 2024, 02:11:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Naxeon I AM electric motorcycle  (Read 1890 times)

SwampNut

• View Profile
Re: Naxeon I AM electric motorcycle
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2023, 10:45:53 PM »

This reeks of the anti-EV idiocy, but here you are on an EV forum.  WTF.  The power to charge EVs is mostly consumed during times that the grid is under the lightest load.  It has low impact.  And in fact my electric company says it will BENEFIT the grid to have EVs consume power at night, rather than try to wind down the nuke plant.

Motoproponent

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2024, 11:17:35 PM »

And in fact my electric company says it will BENEFIT the grid to have EVs consume power at night, rather than try to wind down the nuke plant.

As much as I hate to continue the threadjack of this topic...that is a new chinese EV Moto...

but here we are..

Do you live in California, Swampnut?

I do. Not only California but in the San Francisco Bay area. It's not the meth-zombie, fire and flood hellscape my family (in Ohio, South Carolina, and Georgia) see on the news. They call me all the time to tell me how worried they are. They really get disappointed to find that I'm happy.

lol
"Life is a deathbound train"

2024 Energica Experia
@motoproponent on Youtube

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2024, 12:28:24 PM »

I normally rate 96-98.

OMG, this is horrifying. Your car is monitoring you, measuring your performance, grading you on it, and sending the grade up to everyone who can tell you what to do. I just can't believe you or anyone would buy into that, at any cost. When enough people do, it will become standard, and that's just an Orwellian nightmare. Those numbers mean virtually NOTHING. They'll judge everyone against average, or worse, against the least common denominator of drivers. It's the same with centralized thermostat controls. The slippery slope argument actually applies here. With surveillance and speed cameras, cell phone tracking, GPS tracking, mileage and toll tracking, phasing out of cash and ID for cell phones, we're all going to be remote controlled.

SwampNut

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2024, 09:57:55 PM »

I normally rate 96-98.

OMG, this is horrifying. Your car is monitoring you, measuring your performance, grading you on it, and sending the grade up to everyone who can tell you what to do. I just can't believe you or anyone would buy into that, at any cost. When enough people do, it will become standard, and that's just an Orwellian nightmare. Those numbers mean virtually NOTHING. They'll judge everyone against average, or worse, against the least common denominator of drivers. It's the same with centralized thermostat controls. The slippery slope argument actually applies here. With surveillance and speed cameras, cell phone tracking, GPS tracking, mileage and toll tracking, phasing out of cash and ID for cell phones, we're all going to be remote controlled.

LOL!!

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2024, 12:09:19 AM »

This reeks of the anti-EV idiocy, but here you are on an EV forum.  WTF.  The power to charge EVs is mostly consumed during times that the grid is under the lightest load.  It has low impact.  And in fact my electric company says it will BENEFIT the grid to have EVs consume power at night, rather than try to wind down the nuke plant.

How much longer is the nuke plant you speak of liscenced to operate?  Pretty much the plants near me have been decomissionde years ago and natural gas which I believe are more flexible is what has been brought on line lately.

A while ago I mentioned on here that my F150 is limited somewhere around 90 to 95 mph which is like half of what a Damon perceives the eletric motorcycle safety concious rider wants.  I note the Cyber Truck calls out a 130mph top speed.  Have any comment on limiting top speed or maybe de powering at a certain g force in cornering?

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2024, 04:33:22 AM »

How much longer is the nuke plant you speak of liscenced to operate?  Pretty much the plants near me have been decomissionde years ago and natural gas which I believe are more flexible is what has been brought on line lately.

A while ago I mentioned on here that my F150 is limited somewhere around 90 to 95 mph which is like half of what a Damon perceives the eletric motorcycle safety concious rider wants.  I note the Cyber Truck calls out a 130mph top speed.  Have any comment on limiting top speed or maybe de powering at a certain g force in cornering?

California's last remaining nuke plant was scheduled to close and be decommissioned in 2025, but thanks to pleading by the governor to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, it's life has been extended until 2030, at which time it will finally be shut down for good.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2024, 08:50:53 PM »

We seem to have some prolific posters on here that do not put their location in the profile.  The it is good for the grid to use up the coal and nuclear plant output so they can kind of go along steady state to me seems a bit not with the times.  However, I think a fair amount of the power around here comes from Canada, at least it has prior.  Are there nuke plants just over the state line feeding California that make this line of logic more sensible?

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2024, 09:59:12 PM »

We seem to have some prolific posters on here that do not put their location in the profile.  The it is good for the grid to use up the coal and nuclear plant output so they can kind of go along steady state to me seems a bit not with the times.  However, I think a fair amount of the power around here comes from Canada, at least it has prior.  Are there nuke plants just over the state line feeding California that make this line of logic more sensible?

I could be wrong, but I don't think that any other West Coast state has an operating nuke plant left other than the one in CA, sitting on an earthquake fault located on the coast in south-central CA.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2024, 04:29:32 AM »

You really don't want to cycle any steam plant if you can avoid it because the thermal expansion tears up the tubes and other stuff.  Ideally they base load them and let them coast along, and use gas turbines for peakers which are designed to handle the ups and downs.  Diesel or other non steam type plants are used as well for peaking / predictable load swings when possible.

Not to mention, to bring a steam plant from cold iron to hit the grid can take the better part of a day, whereas a fast start turbine can be up in 6 to 7 minutes,  as little as 3 but that is pretty hard on them.

Aaron
Pages: 1 [2]