• May 08, 2024, 08:49:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cake files for bankruptcy  (Read 263 times)

TheRan

• View Profile
Cake files for bankruptcy
« on: February 09, 2024, 02:38:07 AM »

Not all that surprising, it's a boutique brand in an already small market and doesn't have the advantage of manufacturing overseas (well, I assume they're made in Sweden).

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2024/february/cake-file-for-bankruptcy/

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Cake files for bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 09:08:57 PM »

With Ktm having to deeply discount their Freeride EXC to get much of anyone to buy one it is hard to see how this firm would make it.  They actually did put out on the internet the parts sheets.  I would assume since it is european the charger is 250 volts or whatever it is over there.  50 cycles per second though my 50cycle charger works fine on 60.

I don't know but elsewere on the internet forums they need every piece to make whole bikes and hence replacement parts for those that went bad ended up buying the bike back.

Like Damon they rented a spot at that show in Nevada, CSR I believe..

Specter

• View Profile
Re: Cake files for bankruptcy
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 05:19:42 AM »

Fran, most 50 cycle / 60 cycle power charging devices will work fine on either frequency.  Ideally 50 going to 60 would be a tad safer on it than down, if it has transformers that are that tweaked, it'll help prevent saturation and ringing/overload.  Typically a lot of power thingies in the US are rated for 50/60 hz.  and generally chargers a wide range from like 90 volts to 250 is which would pretty much cover whatever the customer has to plug it into.

Aaron
Pages: [1]