• May 06, 2024, 10:06:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2011 X vs MX  (Read 1043 times)

cec

• View Profile
2011 X vs MX
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:42:05 AM »

I am doing some upgrades to my 2011 X that I have been running in Supermoto.   I was doing some reading and never realized there may be some electronic differences between the X and MX from 2011.  I always thought it was suspension only.  It appears the batteries are the same but may have different motors?   Axial vs Radial?  Is one better then the other?  Are the controllers the same?  Thanks for any help as I make my X more competitive. 

Chuck

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: 2011 X vs MX
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:12:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure they both use Agni 95 motors. There is a huge amount of information on tuning them but if you are racing you will get much larger gains by sorting out the chassis first. Get the wheels/tyres, brakes and suspension sorted out then look at tuning. Agni parts are also expensive so don't mess with it until absolutely necessary.

EV Schabo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »

What i can see in the Picture in the racing tread is, that your motor is`t the Agni one. I think it is a Mars Motor. Only upgrading to an Agni Motor is not enough, you have to change the controller  as well. With a 400 ah Alltrax controller and the Agni 95 the bike is getting much better.

cec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »

Thank you for the information.  I will take a good picture of the motor when I am out in my barn.  I am not trying to make it much faster.  If I can gain just a few MPH down the straight I will be happy.  Right now the GROM's and XR100's pull away from me coming out of the corner but not by much.  I am going to start with a sprocket change to the MX or XU sprockets and see how that works out.  Long term one day I know this battery is going to die and at that point I would be interested in a complete upgrade of battery, controller and motor. 

C

cec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:29:18 PM »

EV Schabo,

I went out and checked and yes I have the Mars motor.  I think that answers my question.   So far it has been a workhorse and trouble free.   That gives me a clearer picture of a future path upgrade if I so elect. 

C
Pages: [1]