• May 16, 2024, 11:46:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bitron throttle connector de-pinning  (Read 315 times)

rgutt

• View Profile
Bitron throttle connector de-pinning
« on: February 09, 2022, 05:45:19 AM »

Has anyone de-pinned the connector on the Bitron throttle? I don't want to destroy mine to figure out how to pop them out, and even Sumtomo's catalog doesn't say much on the subject. The retainer comes forward easily, but the pins don't appear to gain any subsequent freedom. On the female connector (bike side), one of the pins isn't used, so I was able to see that there appears to be some retention feature that might require disengagement from the rear, but that wouldn't be particularly accessible without being able to remove the wire seals, which in turn don't appear to come out without removing the wire and pin.

atomicdog

• View Profile
Re: Bitron throttle connector de-pinning
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 04:23:48 AM »

Connectors often have a special tool (pin extractor) to remove the pins, but you can use fine tip tweezers or a jewelers screwdriver.
The pins have a tab on them that locks them in place. Use the tweezers to push in the tab enough to pull out the pin. It can be helpful to wiggle around the wire (and pushing it in farther in to the connector) while trying to find the tab with the tweezers.
23' SR/S

rgutt

• View Profile
Re: Bitron throttle connector de-pinning
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 05:12:37 AM »

Any information specific to the plug in question would be helpful. Generic information, not so much.
Pages: [1]