• May 09, 2024, 03:42:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F strange charging behavior  (Read 357 times)

heroto

• View Profile
SR/F strange charging behavior
« on: September 23, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »

SRF was charged to usual limit of 60%. Just got a level two set up and wanted to see if it works, so reset the charge goal to 64% using the moto’s dashboard controls. Plugged it in and started charging. I walked away. Right on cue about 5 minutes later got a notification on my phone that charging is interrupted, perfect that should be 64%.
But
When I came back to the moto about an hour later it was charging and almost at 100%.
???

vinceherman

• View Profile
Re: SR/F strange charging behavior
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:23:31 AM »

Mine only lets me set the target to multiples of 5%.  Was 64% a typo?
Mine charges to the target.  It DOES include an override.  If I connect the charger with the key in the ON position, the display asks if I want the Menu or Override.  If I choose Override, the bike charges to 100%.
I do not recall if I got the target notification text when doing this.

As a side note, I usually have my target set to 90%.  This permits a round trip commute if I am not overly aggressive.  I just read that occasionally one should let the bike charge to 100% to do cell balancing, something that was described as happening at only 100% charges.  So, I now plan on overriding to 100% about once a month.

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:39:08 AM »

Yep, I must have hit override.
Thanks for the explanation.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 04:32:25 PM »

Mine only lets me set the target to multiples of 5%.  Was 64% a typo?
Mine charges to the target.  It DOES include an override.  If I connect the charger with the key in the ON position, the display asks if I want the Menu or Override.  If I choose Override, the bike charges to 100%.
I do not recall if I got the target notification text when doing this.

As a side note, I usually have my target set to 90%.  This permits a round trip commute if I am not overly aggressive.  I just read that occasionally one should let the bike charge to 100% to do cell balancing, something that was described as happening at only 100% charges.  So, I now plan on overriding to 100% about once a month.

I have mine set to 90% as well.  I noticed after it gets to 90% it will keep drawing considerable power for a few minutes, I was thinking perhaps it was doing cell balancing even at the lower percentage (just a guess).   Is there a cell balance value in the battery state on the new app?  I could not find it when I tried the other day.  I always used to keep an eye on the balance delta on my DSR.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Pages: [1]