• May 04, 2024, 02:16:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Energica and Zero will race electric MotoAmerica Super Hooligans class July 10  (Read 1692 times)

MVetter

• View Profile

https://www.motoamerica.com/super-hooligan-will-be-a-carousel-of-progress-at-laguna-seca/

They're going to throw down with the gas bikes. I was able to see the sort of warmup or practice session this last weekend and the Energica Ribelle is just exceptionally fast with a rider of that skill level. I'm really stoked for this!

shayan

• View Profile

Interesting! Any idea how the SR/F will last the race distance without the motor overheating?
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

MVetter

• View Profile

I suspect it won't.

princec

• View Profile

Unless they hack the firmware and disable the thermal protection...

Cas :)

ultrarnr

• View Profile

Anyone hear about how the Zero's and Energica's did?

MVetter

• View Profile

Yes! It was a gorgeous day at Seca yesterday. Stefano Mesa was set to start in grid position #6. At the start of the race he pinned that throttle like a maniac and took the hole shot. Watch #137 on the inside right at the start.

He eventually settled back fighting for 7th. Now, that may not sound impressive but the riders have pushed the limits in an almost insane way. Last year's race the leaders were pushing mid 1:32 lap times. This year they were doing 1:30 flat. Stefano, on the Ribelle, was doing consistent 1:36 and 1:37 with his best being 1:35.8. On the final (8th) lap he ran into thermal limits and dropped down to 13th for the finish.

Kenyon, on the modified SR/F, did as good as one can do on an air cooled electric, generally doing laps between 1:43-1:47, with his best lap being 1:41.7.

You can get all the data here: http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/2016-results/#

flynnstig82r

• Just another lanesplitter
    • View Profile

I can only imagine what those teams did to those Indian FTR's to make them finish 1-2-3 against Duke 890 R's. Stock they're over a hundred lbs heavier! The FTR may not be as heavy as a Ribelle, but it's within spitting distance, so we can only dream what would be possible when race teams start throwing the kind of resources at e-bikes that they do with gas bikes.

I wish I had gone to this event. It looks like a great time, and I was within a few hours riding distance. Next time I'll need to make the trek, for sure!
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 AE

Past bikes:
2020 Energica SS9 13.4 kWh
2017 Zero SR 13.0 kWh
2011 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800
2012 Yamaha FZ6R
Pages: [1]