• May 04, 2024, 04:12:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Energica world-first podium finish at CotA!  (Read 1252 times)

MVetter

• View Profile
Energica world-first podium finish at CotA!
« on: September 10, 2023, 04:14:33 AM »

Hot day, fast bikes. Phenomenal riding by Stefano Mesa on the EVA Ribelle.

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/Results/2023/COTA/23_11_COTA_RSD_R1_res.pdf

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Energica world-first podium finish at CotA!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 03:01:37 PM »

Why are only the first 3 scored as 5 laps?  Fourth place would be about 25 seconds back when first crosses the line after 5 laps.  Lap times 2 minutes twenty seconds give or take.

Edit red flag at min 37 in the video. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 05:54:12 PM by Fran K »

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 07:41:22 PM »

Fun to see! Hoping this eventually leads to more electric mainstream racing in the future. If the baggers can expand internationally then surely electrics can make more in-roads here in the US.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 01:07:45 AM by BigPoppa »
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 08:23:23 PM »

You know, what he did out there was fantastic, yet all thru the announcing, the overall view on the electric bike was just so negative with the overall comments.
Can it stand up, oh it'll over heat, oh you have to manage the power you probably  won't have it at the end etc etc etc.

Are they STILL that jealous that an E bike is kicking ICE ass that bad that they have to talk down to it all the time?

Great race, and yes I know the top two were battling it out, so because of that dominated the airtime, but it'd been nice to see 3rd on down as well a bit more, im sure there were competitions going on down there as well.

Congrats Energica, with a bit more experience in dealing with some of them, I bet we see Stefano in first place a time or two next season.

Aaron

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 10:15:42 PM »

You know, what he did out there was fantastic, yet all thru the announcing, the overall view on the electric bike was just so negative with the overall comments.

I've been watching all these races and I don't get that impression at all. I think they're speaking very positively about the bike. And in post-interviews the other racers are also positive. Tyler O'Hara, who took 1st, shared praise for Stefano Mesa and said he was really proud to share a podium with the first e-bike up there.

Specter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2023, 12:42:37 AM »

The riders of course are very respectful to each other, every one of them are total first class out there!  They are very professional, which  is a totally awesome thing to see, especially when you look at some of these other so called 'athletes' and their totally disrespectful disgusting behavior out there in their venues!

The announcers though, seem to be pointing things out in a more negative connotation than a positive it just seems.  Granted the tech does have it's issues, but they make it sound like some of those issues are just such a negative to the overall E-regime, and not just, something different to deal with.

The best part of it though, this win was a SOLID win, he took 3rd and held it solidly, BOTH TIMES!!  then took second and held it solidly to the end.  This wasn't just a lucky win, it was a solid win that he fought very hard for.  THAT right there makes it so much more impressive.  His driving is getting better as well, whether it's because he's getting more experience or confidence with the bike, it's a winning combo for sure and I can't wait to see next season!

Aaron

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 08:31:08 PM »

Nice little followup mention/shout-out from MotoAmerica themselves.

https://www.motoamerica.com/duly-noted-circuit-of-the-americas/
Pages: [1]