• May 12, 2024, 02:43:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: charger busted  (Read 711 times)

giacomo

• View Profile
charger busted
« on: June 28, 2017, 09:10:55 PM »

my 2015 SR charger has gone busted....
Last night worked for 1 hour, then nothing. I looked to the electric usage last night and for 1 hour was working a little higher than usual, average 1.4sh kwhr, usually is in the 1.3sh, then boom.
I will bring it to the zero dealer right away.

Giacomo

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
Re: charger busted
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:01:05 PM »

Last night worked for 1 hour, then nothing. I looked to the electric usage last night and for 1 hour was working a little higher than usual, average 1.4sh kwhr, usually is in the 1.3sh, then boom.

Giacomo

My onboard charger stopped working.  Zero tried to charge it from the aux port too, and that failed too.  The enable line.  Had to charge key-on with the diginow SCv2 for a while.  Zero put the latest firmware on it, and it works again.  Go figure.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:54:43 PM »

Giacomo

My onboard charger stopped working.  Zero tried to charge it from the aux port too, and that failed too.  The enable line.  Had to charge key-on with the diginow SCv2 for a while.  Zero put the latest firmware on it, and it works again.  Go figure.
I had to plug in the onboard charger cord, wait for contactors, then plug in aux charger. Key on only worked occasionally for charging.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

giacomo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 02:05:45 AM »

The dealer confirmed the faulty charger (~2500 miles), still under warranty, but it will take more than a week to get the new one.
Time to make good use of the external charger (TSM2500) in the meantime ... hopefully it will work with the key on trick ....

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 02:48:35 AM »

The dealer confirmed the faulty charger (~2500 miles), still under warranty, but it will take more than a week to get the new one.
Time to make good use of the external charger (TSM2500) in the meantime ... hopefully it will work with the key on trick ....

This one?  http://www.electricmotorsport.com/tsm2500-charger-2-5kw-24-180vdc-899.html  Wow, that looks an awful lot like the elcon 2500 units Harlan used to sell.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/
Pages: [1]