• May 07, 2024, 06:33:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Zero DSR, Germany 🇩🇪 🏍 🔌  (Read 6466 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Zero DSR, Germany 🇩🇪 🏍 🔌
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2017, 12:34:50 AM »

That's a fair point. I tend to do short journeys frequently (which particularly suits electric over ICE) so can tolerate it on one journey and sort it when I'm home.

The tyres probably need to spin because it powers down when the bike isn't moving. Maybe rolling it a short distance would be enough.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2017, 06:59:45 AM »

ah.... never thought a about it, it does need power and need to wake up from sleep I guess.

Luckily the investment isn't hundreds of dollars, so I'll risk it and see how I like it.

O
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2017, 01:01:47 AM »

That's the right way!  ;D
Zero DSR MY 2016 - http://Zero-DSR.de

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2017, 02:52:10 AM »

Hey guys,

did somebody noticed the improvement regarding the front brake pipe and cable way of the DSR model year 2017?
I'll try to figure out if it's possible to "upgrade" the older model years to this much better solution and will report ...

Greetings from good old Germany  ;D  ;)

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2017, 08:43:36 AM »

Hey guys,

did somebody noticed the improvement regarding the front brake pipe and cable way of the DSR model year 2017?
I'll try to figure out if it's possible to "upgrade" the older model years to this much better solution and will report ...

vfx,

It was such a relief for me to see that
I didn't notice it in the product pictures of the 2017 line up, so when I got the bike, I was very pleasantly surprised.
They literally just curved it around and stuffed it under the console.
Darn, I didnt really take the opportunity to look a bit more in detail when I installed my 12V accessory socket.
Good luck in folding it in there. I think it makes a huge difference.
You might have to install a longer brake line to be able to get big enough radiii in there.

I am curious how it works out on yours.

Rider7

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »

+1 Please somebody with a 2017 take lots of clear pictures how the front brake lines are routed.  I am happy to do the how-to for my 2016 DSR if I know what to try?

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 11:39:20 PM »

Hey guys,

As far as I know they actually already changed it during 2016, so a few of the latest 2016 models already have the improved wiring. I'm nearly 100% sure that someone here in this forum already did change the wiring on his 2016 model, but I can't remember who it was and where I saw it. I want to do that as well, so I might figure out a way to do it once I have a little more free time.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2017, 01:18:00 AM »

Another question: I recently found this nice vid of manufacturing a Zero motorcycle.  :)

Unfortunately this video version in youtube is far away from full hd resolution and my eyes hurt while looking it  ;D

Does somebody know if this clip is available somewhere in better quality?

Thanks in advance ...

VFX

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2017, 01:26:40 AM »

It seems to be an episode from "How its made" S22E9 or S15E9 - I'm not sure.
But getting access to any US streaming service or TV offer (over the internet) isn't that easy from Germany :(

I try to get a subscribtion for original Discovery channel online (GO), but thats even more challenging if you don't have an registered adress in the US. F***

How ever ... I'll find it  8)

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »

I will look for a higher quality version myself too.

I promise to take picture next time I have the front apart, but I am almost sure that someone will beat me to it.

I am just not fond of taking things apart when the bike has less than 600 miles, one of the reasons why I am such a fan of the zeros is not having the effin, constant regular maintenance.

I still need to put a chevy motor together and a dirt bike carb and rebuild my Suzuki top end and carbs.... build a back yard fence... ahhh..  somehow I grew out of that constant maintenance and this constant must have to do all those things.
Maybe I am simply getting old, since I used to enjoy this....

Zero, I love you. You simply sit there, wait until needed, never say anything, simply are doing what you are built for.
Fast, quiet almost maintenance free joy  ;D

Rider7
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:42:47 AM by rider7 »

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2017, 03:00:07 PM »

I'm not sure that you can say something is maintenance free with any confidence after only 600 miles. I've had a Ducati that was still maintenance free at that point! ;-)
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2017, 11:00:48 PM »

I'm just at 6.000 km and still maintenance free.
And I'm even free from looking after the tire pressure thanks to the TPMS.

It's really a dream! I love my Zero and all the people who build those bikes too.

Thank you!

VFX

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2017, 12:25:52 AM »

I finally got my FXS yesterday :-) although not allowed to ride it on the road until 1st March due to the registration :-(. Already did a little maintenance as the belt tension was off the scale from the factory. (Triple checked that I was using the gauge properly and it only needed 1/3 rotation on the adjusters to get it right.)

I do agree that Zeros are as near as you'll get to "maintenance free".
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2017, 02:52:04 AM »

Congratulations to your Zero!
Have fun with the bike and keep it kalm.

Today I got a lot of experience while driving.
But the conclusion is simple: Finally the DSR saved my life for the first time.
I started to pass the two cars ahead (driving much slower than allowed) and suddenly the car next in front of me started overtaking too - simply ignoring me! Because of the torque of the DSR (I got 80% battery power left) I was able to accelerate that much faster that the overtaking car doesn't hit me! I hate it, when traffic participant just ignore their environment!
But luckly I was fast enough to "escape", but it was damn close ...

Thank you DSR - at those speed it would have been very serious to get hit by a car.

Never the less it was a great tour today.
And the forum is back again 😊

So good night from germany.

VFX

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2017, 08:49:16 AM »

Hahahah..... you're right Fred....touché, at 600 miles everything is still maintence free, although you already accumulated 600 miles worth of f.... maintence....  I suppose.

But..... unless I have a very unlikely total melt down of components, I am fairly certain I'll have the most maintenance free vehicle possible for now.
I am coming up to 1000 soon here and will measure the belt tension again.

What's ironic is that I finally have pretty much any tool you need to properly service ICE cars and bikes, and now dumbass me gets extraordinarily tired of doing that type of work.
I never even thought about it, but riding and I mean everyday and especially for more than 30-50 miles a day is actually rather maintence intense compared to a car.
It gets soooooooo boring having to adjust chain tension for the 50th million times.
Lubing, valves, oil, filters, clutch...blah...blah....
Zero, you are the answer to my prayers. Although now I am just about to complain about having to still check tire pressure, still haven't installed TPMS.

Anyway, I feel like taking the front apart this weekend after all and I'll take pictures for all pre cable tuck riders here.

Hey, VFX....... don't be mad.... the guy must have not seen you in an honest mistake in his dead spot, don't you think?
Anyway, yes, the Zero with its instant zippiness.... and regen braking, it's like you can literally ride instantaneously into any open spot or fall back with barely any braking and get away from being flattened by anyone at anytime with minimal effort

No down shifting and such, although my big 1200 had the torque to push forward pretty instantaneously too, but not like the zero.

Oh, yesterday, a bad ass corvette (I don't really like Corvettes, but this one was not too flashy and had what sounded like a large racing engine in it) was nervously driving through a turn right in front of me and I thought I'd silently zip around that guy, but oh boy, he opened up and there went the zero to simply being a moped.
I waved at him and gave him a thumbs up.
He didn't know though that I can beat him from at least 0-45 I guess...hahahah.
I so am not a street racer... I think it's primitive, but I don't blame the guy seeing a dragon fly zipping past him for a moment with that kind of grunt under his ass, I probably would have not been able to resist either.

So that is the 2020 Zero DSR then with 170 hp.

Rider7
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7