• May 05, 2024, 05:15:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero to Hero - Australian Motorcycle News - May 2012  (Read 1044 times)

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Zero to Hero - Australian Motorcycle News - May 2012
« on: May 16, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »

There is a interesting article in Australian Motorcycle News May 2012 Vol61 No22 p62-66

Interviewing Karl Wharton who was instrumental in Triumph re-launch and worked as Managing Director/CEO for 17 years now works as Chief Operating Officer and under his direction zero has transforms itself into a mainstream motorcycle manufacturer with a dedicated dealer network. Also the development team is headed by former Buell technical boss Abe Askenazi has dramatically extened both range and performance of its 2012 range.

Article is mainly about zero history and investments of venture capital and interviewing about Karl Wharton's career and his  plan is to concentrate on setting up dealer network in USA and next Europe mainly UK and Germany, and also Switzerland where electric vehicle have very friendly legislation.

below is quoted from article

"How about Australia?"

"We have to be careful we don't spread ourselves too thin in the early days, since then you wont get the penetration that you need to in the key markets. But Australia is definitely somewhere we have our eye on - its in transition stage at the moment, and we're talking to two or three people to move it again to a more tradition dealer model within Australia. I'm hopeful we'll have something in place there soon."

Well I am impressed to see these people leading zero to improve the bike and it marketing. like others have said pre 2012 were prototypes.
It definitely has encouraged me to continue with purchasing a zero as my next bike, after the bad news last week of Zero Australia putting sales on hold, obviously there will be a new business model.

Updated:22/05/2012

I just read Building the Future – Zero Motorcycles' Karl Wharton which is pretty much same as AMN but without the question about Australia. Even the same photos.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:25:29 PM by firepower »

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
Re: Zero to Hero - Australian Motorcycle News - May 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 05:26:47 PM »

There is a interesting article in Australian Motorcycle News May 2012 Vol61 No22 p62-64

below is quoted from article

"How about Australia?"

"We have to be careful we don't spread ourselves too thin in the early days, since then you wont get the penetration that you need to in the key markets. But Australia is definitely somewhere we have our eye on - its in transition stage at the moment, and we're talking to two or three people to move it again to a more tradition dealer model within Australia. I'm hopeful we'll have something in place there soon."

lets make it happen - Zero is behind us !
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »

I be contacting zero USA sales to let them know I have my name down for the first Zero S they sell in Australia.

also zero australia has a facebook page, let them know too.

https://www.facebook.com/ZeroMotorcyclesAustralia
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:37:18 PM by firepower »

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »

Ok, we are in for race on that one ! Zf9 or 6 ?

anyone wants to buy my 2011S ???
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 06:41:56 PM »

definetly a ZF9 QLD a big state. :)
Pages: [1]