• May 05, 2024, 04:38:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: SR/F update info from FB  (Read 3730 times)

ben.m

• View Profile
Re: SR/F update info from FB
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2019, 08:41:57 PM »

@Hans2183 how can you find that info ?
I never found that in the app...
Yesterday the bike asked me for an update, but in the app i can't find any info of firmware

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2019, 08:49:12 PM »

It's a bit hidden, go to 3rd tab "Prestaties" in Dutch, where you configure dash options and ride modes. Then scroll down to "Firmware-updates", it's below Dashboard options. There it normally just shows the current firmware version.

Unless there is a firmware available then it will show the version of what's available and requirements. And on requirements check there is the "start install firmware" option.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

ben.m

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2019, 08:55:03 PM »

It's a bit hidden, go to 3rd tab "Prestaties" in Dutch, where you configure dash options and ride modes. Then scroll down to "Firmware-updates", it's below Dashboard options. There it normally just shows the current firmware version.

Unless there is a firmware available then it will show the version of what's available and requirements. And on requirements check there is the "start install firmware" option.

:o Nothing about firmware for me there, "Ride Modes", "Dashboard Settings" and "Motorcycle Logs", nothing more  ::)

Maybe i have to change language to Duch to make it appear  ;D

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2019, 09:16:10 PM »

Yes update installed, dashed turned off on its own this time. And the charging cable is released as soon as you turn the key!! Awesome.
--- Belgium ---

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2019, 10:41:58 PM »

@ben.m try while connected to bike over Bluetooth. Now I'm away from the bike and option is also gone for me.
--- Belgium ---

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2019, 11:22:12 PM »

No firmware version page for me as well, neither on bluetooth or cellular.

I also never seen it before and usually i explore an app front to back by pressing every button etc.
It couold be in the latest update for the app. But i even went to the app update page and it did not have an update available. But that's for an iPhone.

Do you use an Android to connect to the bike Hans?

Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

ben.m

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2019, 11:36:36 PM »

Same for me, i just checked and even connected to BT nothing changes in the app.
I let the bike do the new update right now... we'll see.

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2019, 11:40:11 PM »

The tab in the app is only available if you have version 12 or higher of MBB/BMS firmware on the SR/F. If you don't have that and the OTA doesn't work, the dealer will have to update it. The Zero Next Gen App supports Bluetooth Firmware updating if you have recent firmware.

ben.m

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2019, 12:03:24 AM »

After this update it's finally there   ;D

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »

My bike finally decided to update OTA for the firmware described in the OP.
It took 22 minutes and went well, as I have the 2 new features mentioned elsewhere in this thread, namely the dash lights self-test at power-on and the odometer A reset at every recharge.
Strange thing is the firmware version still shows 5V00, when you navigate to it on the dashboard and I thought it would change to 5V02, based on different postings I had seen.

When I check the firmware via the App, it says I have the latest and gratest (version 14) for both components and shows nothing to upgrade. No mention of the console firmware on the app.
It is odd this firmware apparently upgraded successfully but it did not update the display as it has done on other bikes.

Time will tell if all is well!
2020 Zero SR/F

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2019, 11:24:03 PM »

Dash firmware is not updated over the air, and some people have slightly different versions depending on build date.

Tom_Ruyter

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2019, 03:19:04 AM »

So my SR/F has tried twice tonight to do a firmware update and both times it has failed after about 20 minutes. Can't see an option in the app over bluetooth either, so I assume that's what's trying to come down the OTA. Maybe the weather in England is messing with signal. I'll try again at some point.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2019, 05:47:24 AM »

So my SR/F has tried twice tonight to do a firmware update and both times it has failed after about 20 minutes. Can't see an option in the app over bluetooth either, so I assume that's what's trying to come down the OTA. Maybe the weather in England is messing with signal. I'll try again at some point.

When I download a firmware update for my 2018 S, it always says that the download failed at the end of the session. But when I try again the app says that my firmware is up to date.  When I check the firmware revision, I find that is the case. Don't necessarily believe the "firmware failed" message.  ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Tom_Ruyter

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2019, 08:34:10 PM »

So, fifth time lucky I got the new firmware to take my SR/F and now have the option in the app for the firmware check and it flashes the lights on the display as others have stated. Took a full 25 mins to download and install. All good.

daniels1216

• Zero Motorcycle SR/S premium
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »

I am having an issue with my update on my Sr/F. At the time the update issue was reportedly resolved I believed my SR/F had successfully installed the firmware. I havn't been riding because of rain, but when I do ride, I notice the update prompt will appear after disarming the bike one cycle i.e. start bike, ride, turn off bike, turn bike on *bike would like to update*. I go ahead and think it's a new update, so i click to install, but 6 minutes into the process it shuts off. This has repeatedly happened for the past couple of weeks. is there a specific issue I'm having? As I go through the menu on the bike while its turned on i see "Firmware Version 5v02". I'm not sure if that is the correct firmware. I'm considering calling zero motorcycle about this. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks.
10 year daily motorcycle rider, lifelong B.M.X. rider, and lifelong academic advocating for smart transportation in California
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]