• May 10, 2024, 06:43:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just put a deposit down on a Super Moto....  (Read 2296 times)

ultratoad

• View Profile
Just put a deposit down on a Super Moto....
« on: August 13, 2017, 04:14:40 AM »

Tell me I did not make a mistake ????  Love this electric stuff....  This seems like a real quality item with good  support....

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Re: Just put a deposit down on a Super Moto....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 06:04:42 AM »

Its super fun... like a magic carpet ride.

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »

I absolutely don't think so, after watching that thread here "SM wheelie mania" (about 100 times), I've been dreaming of that bike, I live in a great riding area, both on and off road so Alta bikes are squarely on my radar.  Please, please keep us posted and congrats on the bike.  Oh, when are you looking at delivery on the SM? 

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »

Congratulations!!

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 12:13:06 AM »

Not a mistake at all! We have a ton of miles on the MX and I have had the chance to ride the Supermoto, both are world class bikes!

Congrats!
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »

I absolutely don't think so, after watching that thread here "SM wheelie mania" (about 100 times), I've been dreaming of that bike, I live in a great riding area, both on and off road so Alta bikes are squarely on my radar.  Please, please keep us posted and congrats on the bike.  Oh, when are you looking at delivery on the SM?

At the risk of sounding--well--stupid....  I bought a place on their list for $100....  Their Facebook page says that production is in the works....  Time will tell....  I really want this sucker !!!!

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 05:20:56 AM »

At the risk of sounding--well--stupid....  I bought a place on their list for $100....  Their Facebook page says that production is in the works....  Time will tell....  I really want this sucker !!!!

The deposits through the Alta website are handled by the local dealers. I would recommend contacting the dealer you intend to purchase the bike from ASAP and make sure they know that you want the bike now and have put a deposit down. We check our local depositor list every day but it is easy to miss at a busy dealership. The bikes should be shipping very soon (possible delivery by labor day)! We have one that will be going out day one and one demo model for the floor. If you haven't already been contacted by a dealer I would be happy to get another coming for you.

Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
scott@elitektm.com

Give me a call if there is anything that I can do for you.

Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 03:49:38 AM »

Any news on your bike?  I've got one secured in Georgia, I live up the road a bit in south Tennessee, KTM World is my closest dealer, I think they're getting two later this week, I've secured one of them, can't sleep a wink...

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 04:27:57 AM »

Hey Ireek,

I was able to get a longer ride on the supermoto this weekend (finally!). I was able to get a 70-mile ride in the other day setting out from my house, doing a mix of 45-60mph connecting roads, and some tight canyon riding. All in all the bike has far surpassed my expectations! I am still commuting to work every day and the bike continues to amaze me. We have also done a number of demo rides on the Alta SM, everyone has been extremely impressed so far.

The only complaints I have (and they are minor) are as follows:

The seat is awesome on the MX but gets a little uncomfortable on the SM
The display could be a little brighter/have a clock option (I have cut my morning rides a little shorter than needed because I could not see the time).

Keep us posted when you get your bike! Tim from Motoshippers had a bunch in the trailer when he left here heading south... I would think one of those has your name on it :)
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 06:00:59 AM »

Hey Ireek,

I was able to get a longer ride on the supermoto this weekend (finally!). I was able to get a 70-mile ride in the other day setting out from my house, doing a mix of 45-60mph connecting roads, and some tight canyon riding. All in all the bike has far surpassed my expectations! I am still commuting to work every day and the bike continues to amaze me. We have also done a number of demo rides on the Alta SM, everyone has been extremely impressed so far.

The display could be a little brighter/have a clock option (I have cut my morning rides a little shorter than needed because I could not see the time).

Keep us posted when you get your bike! Tim from Motoshippers had a bunch in the trailer when he left here heading south... I would think one of those has your name on it :)

Hey Buddy, thank so much for the additional info!!  That makes the wait that much more difficult :)  Sounds like you're riding in a similar environment to mine, I live in a mountainous region of southeast Tennessee so the SM will really suit my needs.  The range actually sounds really good, I took my Duke (690) out on Monday and hit all my favorite roads and it was only about 40 miles round trip, so yeah, the range will be just fine for me.  Gotcha on the lack of clock and needed screen brightness, and the seat, very minor stuff to me but thanks for the heads up.  Thanks again for the info, I'll be sure to post impressions and pics...

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »

Well....  Taking my test ride next Wednesday at Alta of San Francisco (AKA:  BMW)....  They say that SM's are becoming available....  Wish my wife was as excited as me !!!!

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 09:32:19 PM »

Well, test rode the Alta Supermoto in San Francisco yesterday....  Absolutely love the thing....  Fit, finish and quality = amazing....

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 04:56:46 AM »

Well, test rode the Alta Supermoto in San Francisco yesterday....  Absolutely love the thing....  Fit, finish and quality = amazing....

Heck, I could have told you that:)  Did you bring your checkbook?  May as well get it, you're ruined now, anything else just won't do...

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 07:17:17 AM »

Hey Ireek,

70 miles?  I doubt I can get anywhere close to that, maybe it's my weight at 205 lbs, I'm probably looking more like 40-45, and that would be riding pretty conservatively, I've seen as little as 20 but that was at sustained high speeds for about 4 or 5 miles and the other mileage was fairly spirited, I'll get it back out this saturday and see but 70 miles at 45-60 mph seems pretty optimistic...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 08:17:27 AM by Ireek »

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »

Yeah, I'm with you....  I asked the sales guy in SF if I could make it home to San Jose if I babied the thing and stayed on surface streets (58 miles) ????  He said "Not going to happen."
Pages: [1] 2