• May 04, 2024, 01:26:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CHAdeMO for Zero  (Read 4103 times)

Doug S

• View Profile
Re: CHAdeMO for Zero
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 11:47:50 PM »

Eh, give me the DigiNow charger any day.

I mean seriously, give me one, any day now! C'mon guys, the rest of the world is catching up!
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

vaiarii

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 12:25:48 AM »

What if diginow charger had a chademo accessory, then the charger could act as a simple cc-inverter and make available every chademo station in addition to all L2 ac station?

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 12:50:07 AM »

What if diginow charger had a chademo accessory, then the charger could act as a simple cc-inverter and make available every chademo station in addition to all L2 ac station?

Thats pretty much my idea.  With a large enough charger, you can feed it high voltage DC as well, That way you can charge fast, even if the chademo station didnt support the low voltage.   The key is the onboard charger has to be large enough to make it worth it.

Sure its not as efficient, but its not horrible either.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 01:44:50 AM »

Brandon says that the CHAdeMO input isn't going to be released with the first wave, but it will follow shortly. Honestly I don't care all that much -- looking at PlugShare, I'll probably just use the huge number of 14-50 outlets available in my area.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 01:48:57 AM »

Brandon says that the CHAdeMO input isn't going to be released with the first wave, but it will follow shortly. Honestly I don't care all that much -- looking at PlugShare, I'll probably just use the huge number of 14-50 outlets available in my area.

I've heard the same, and am also mainly banking on RV park coverage. CHAdeMO would be a nice complement to that, however.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 06:33:32 AM »

Also, CCS chargers will soon be an important part of charging since they are backed by BMW, Chevy and some other heavy hitters.  It is likely that CCS will eventually win out over CHAdeMO in the US, but that won't be an issue for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »

CCS already makes up 25% of installed UK rapid connectors.

(Linky to the ever excellent ZapMap)
https://www.zap-map.com/statistics/#charger-type

Though a large number of our rapid chargers (especially the Ecotricity ones) are dual CCS / CHAdeMO units.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:25:55 PM by Justin Andrews »
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2018, 05:03:07 AM »

Just received this message today!  Contact Tony Williams if you are interested in having Zero approved CHAdeMO for your motorcycle:

All,

We have entered into an agreement with Zero Motorcycle to provide our JdeMO equipment for high speed DC charging using public CHAdeMO stations. This will likely be sold through the Zero website and possibly through our website also.

There are now over 10,000 of these stations in the world, with over 2000 of the United States and almost 3000 in Europe.

Zero has provided us with the technical details required to make our equipment work with their motorcycle, but we have not yet begun development work.

The problems with any motorcycle that has just slightly over 100 V maximum means that it will never work with every single station, but it will work with an overwhelming majority. While the specification requires 50 to 500 volt compatibility, unfortunately not every charger manufacturer follows the rules.

We've already successfully tested our equipment on the Lightning motorcycle. You can expect to see Lightning motorcycles with a CHAdeMO port in the very near future.

We also just completed our first prototype on the Tesla Roadster, and we will be delivering JdeMO kits this summer.

We have delivered over 50 units for the Toyota RAV4 EV with another 50 on order.

Here's what I need from each of you; please have your friends and colleagues with a Zero motorcycles who may be interested in such a kit to send us their email to:

JdeMO@QuickChargePower.com

Tony Williams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony W, what happened?  Email address bounces, no further word!?  And then you fighting with Diginow?

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 03:25:43 PM »

Tony W, what happened?  Email address bounces, no further word!?  And then you fighting with Diginow?
No idea, but I'd try phoning/emailing his EV accessory company, Quick Charge Power ; the contact page still mentions him.

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 11:42:57 AM »

Tony (a great guy) put JdeMO in my RAV4 EV. I was lucky and got Serial Number 1 because he lives only 3 miles from me. Perhaps I can get SN 1 for my DSR?

Any luck?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 12:23:17 AM »

Just noticed that this is an OLD thread resurrected.  I tried going to the website and Firefox threw up a warning page that the site was a potential security risk.  Not willing to chance it.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

shayan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 12:56:48 AM »

Just noticed that this is an OLD thread resurrected.  I tried going to the website and Firefox threw up a warning page that the site was a potential security risk.  Not willing to chance it.
I think this is the correct URL to the website: https://qccharge.com/
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2020, 02:48:35 AM »

Oh good grief. Not only did Tony Williams ghost the product, he lost the domain too?
Pages: 1 [2]