• May 10, 2024, 10:55:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Zero will offer trade-in credit for 2010-2012 bikes.  (Read 6720 times)

flexydude

• View Profile
Re: Zero will offer trade-in credit for 2010-2012 bikes.
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2015, 12:41:57 AM »

i'll probably take the trade in deal for my 2012 and 2010. it will add about 9000 to my current loan but i will get a new bike and power pack, and be rid of 2 pos's. So after spending thirtyfive thousand dollars i will finally have the bike I always wanted. Is the federal tax credit for new ev's still in effect?

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2015, 01:28:01 AM »

One bike per one bike

For me and my crappy 12s I'm at a loss..... Fuck..... I feel your pain flexy
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

flexydude

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2015, 03:30:52 AM »

yes but my dealer will trade the 2010 for the power pack, i think a 2500$ value. i couldn't hope to get more than a few hundred bucks for the 2010

j.coal

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2015, 10:26:55 AM »

I like my 2011 DS too much to trade for $6000 off MSRP on a left over turd.  I’m not sure why, but my 8000 mile battery works like the day it was new and I finally got the speed controller operating the way it was supposed to.  I’ve upgraded all the cheap junk they installed to maximize their profits with no regard for safety and made some cosmetic improvements.  Besides, it’s too nice to even think about it getting crushed for scrap.

Is Zero representing the 2014 models with actual range and capability?  Are they going to promise dealer support and trained technicians with the newer models?  I don’t think so.  Supply a service manual?  Not likely.  They will have to pony up a little more than cash for clunkers to get me to bite.

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2015, 03:52:24 PM »

I bet they don't offer this deal for customers in Australia either anyway.  I just got my 2010 DS limping along again.  I talked to the place where my brother purchased it 5 years ago.  Graeme Boyd Motorcycles 210 MAITLAND ROAD ISLINGTON, NSW, 2296.  They don't deal in Zero now.  They don't stock parts and they offered no help to source brushes.  I contacted a Zero dealer in Victoria, they have no parts for the 2010 models, they said parts were "difficult".  They don't really repair motors or provide parts, when they fix them, they change the whole motor out.   They have only done a couple. There just weren't that many of the 2010 zeros that made it to Australia I guess.  Fortunately I am willing and able to work on the Agni myself or the bike would still be dead in my brothers garage where it had sat for a couple of years.

Cam 
Bikes owned, from present to past: NS 150 Honda, DS 2010 Zero, RZ 500 N Yamaha #2, CB 250 Honda, Ducati 69 single, GT 750 Kawasaki, RZ 500 N the 1st,  RD LC 250/350 Yamaha + other bits, Kawasaki 200 dirt, DT 250 Yamaha.  Also spent time with Ducati 600 and Moto Morini 250 V twins and others :D

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2015, 07:03:04 PM »

I like my 2011 DS too much to trade for $6000 off MSRP on a left over turd.  I’m not sure why, but my 8000 mile battery works like the day it was new and I finally got the speed controller operating the way it was supposed to.  I’ve upgraded all the cheap junk they installed to maximize their profits with no regard for safety and made some cosmetic improvements.  Besides, it’s too nice to even think about it getting crushed for scrap.

Is Zero representing the 2014 models with actual range and capability?  Are they going to promise dealer support and trained technicians with the newer models?  I don’t think so.  Supply a service manual?  Not likely.  They will have to pony up a little more than cash for clunkers to get me to bite.

Yikes

Sad you think you 11 is more reliable than a 14..... The reliability from 12 and newer bikes to 12 and older is incomparable!   

If you get the offer take it..... If you don't..... Don't come crying on this forum when they won't trade your bike in in a year.... I'll be here to call anyone on it.....
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2015, 09:04:52 PM »

Yikes

Sad you think you 11 is more reliable than a 14..... The reliability from 12 and newer bikes to 12 and older is incomparable!   

If you get the offer take it..... If you don't..... Don't come crying on this forum when they won't trade your bike in in a year.... I'll be here to call anyone on it.....

That is fine when they offer such a trade in.  In Australia they don't seem to offer the trade in at all.  Nobody seems interested in offering an ounce of support for a 2010 DS Zero, that is less than 5 years old (First registered Nov 2010), with less than 2400 kms (1500 miles) on the clock.  It sat for sometime with a dead motor but on charge.   I can't buy Zero batteries for it.  I can't locally even buy brushes for it, no dealer stocks them that I have found in Australia.  Jozztek, says they can supply them in October from the UK, for $300 plus shipping.  That seems a bit pricey for 8 carbon brushes. That is if I can ever actually get them.   

So far for the  $13,590 plus on road paid in 2010, the bike has cost about $9 per mile traveled.  I think a taxi would have been cheaper at $2.14 per Km or around 3.50 per mile plus flag fall, based on current taxi fares in Sydney.

If I paid the $27,290 plus on road that they want now for a 2015 SR will I be in the same position in 4 years time? 

I used to ride a Yamaha RZ500 that was over 20 years old and I could still get parts from Yamaha for it in Australia.  You need to support your customers if you want them to support you.

Original release of the DS Nov 2010.  [url=http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/11/street-legal-electric-zero-motorcycles-now-quietly-hitting-australian-roads/]http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/11/street-legal-electric-zero-motorcycles-now-quietly-hitting-australian-roads/[/url]

Current price of a 2015 SR in Australia. http://www.bikepoint.com.au/bnbis/OAG-AD-418487/2015-Zero-SR/?cr=0&psq=%28%28%28%28%28%28SiloType%3D%5BBrand+new+bikes+available%5D%7CSiloType%3D%5BBrand+new+bikes+in+stock%5D%29%7CSiloType%3D%5BDealer+used+bikes%5D%29%7CSiloType%3D%5BDemo+%26+near+new+bikes%5D%29%7CSiloType%3D%5BPrivate+used+bikes%5D%29%26Make%3DZero%29%26Service%3DBikesales%29&pso=0&pss=Premium

Cam   
Bikes owned, from present to past: NS 150 Honda, DS 2010 Zero, RZ 500 N Yamaha #2, CB 250 Honda, Ducati 69 single, GT 750 Kawasaki, RZ 500 N the 1st,  RD LC 250/350 Yamaha + other bits, Kawasaki 200 dirt, DT 250 Yamaha.  Also spent time with Ducati 600 and Moto Morini 250 V twins and others :D

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2015, 09:41:15 PM »

I'm stuck with a 12 mx and no trade in deal because its off-road and trade ins must have a clean ca pink/ not a off-road title proof of purchase and current reg.... And I'm local to the factory..... Bought the bike from the factory.....so I have proof blah blah blah.... But it's not cover because as the voucher states only x and xu are the 12s for the "x platform".  I was unaware that the mx is soooooooo different ..the dealer sure didn't think it would be an issue but not covered.. Ha

Sooo.  Trust me I'm a little more mad than you right about now.... Hard to make light of that kind of situation. And yours trust me....

I have that exact same motor. And I thought it would be a nice replacement for the zero kart instead of the older original motor..... Big mistake lol..... Even the smaller fx would be more capable, I mean it's 2x the motor.   Don't have to deal with brushes etc just an encoder angle......

I might have some brushess/ holders that you can use now lol shit.... Shit..... Shit....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:46:45 PM by Cortezdtv »
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2015, 09:57:27 PM »

I'm stuck with a 12 mx and no trade in deal because its off-road and trade ins must have a clean ca pink/ not a off-road title proof of purchase and current reg.... And I'm local to the factory..... Bought the bike from the factory.....so I have proof blah blah blah.... But it's not cover because as the voucher states only x and xu are the 12s for the "x platform".  I was unaware that the mx is soooooooo different ..the dealer sure didn't think it would be an issue but not covered.. Ha

Sooo.  Trust me I'm a little more mad than you right about now.... Hard to make light of that kind of situation. And yours trust me....

I have that exact same motor. And I thought it would be a nice replacement for the zero kart instead of the older original motor..... Big mistake lol..... Even the smaller fx would be more capable, I mean it's 2x the motor.   Don't have to deal with brushes etc just an encoder angle......

I might have some brushess/ holders that you can use now lol shit.... Shit..... Shit....

Yeah that sucks.  They really do need to look at who was there for them at the start.  If you could find a brush and even just measure it for me, that would be helpful.  There is a guy here who says he should be able to make me some.  I don't want to take my motor out again just to measure them, I would prefer to at least have some replacements to put back in.  I know the thickness.  I would like to know the exact width and length if you have a newer one plus the pigtail length.  The width is the most important measurement that I need right now. 

Cheers, and thanks in advance if you can even get the measurements, that would be great... If you actually have a set of brushes and a holder I would be interested in buying them if the price was right too, even if the holder was a bit burnt up but essentially intact, I am thinking of trying to modify one a bit anyway.  It shouldn't be this difficult to get parts for a bike less than 5 years old.

Under the current Australian consumer law, they really should be providing spare parts and service:

Consumer guarantees for supply of goods under the ACL
The ACL requires that goods supplied by businesses to consumers are of 'acceptable quality'. This means goods must:
be safe and lasting
look acceptable
do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
When determining what is 'acceptable quality' for a vehicle, what is normally expected for the type of vehicle and how much it costs are taken into account.
Goods must also:
match descriptions made by the salesperson and in promotions or advertising
match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
be fit for purpose - this will include what the seller told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the seller before purchase
come with full title and ownership
not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality
have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.

THAT LAST LINE IS OPEN TO INTERPRETATION. IMHO, I should be able to get parts for a bike that was purchased less than 5 years ago.  As for the line about lasting, 1500 miles doesn't cut it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:07:16 PM by Camresearch »

j.coal

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2015, 04:49:39 AM »

Yikes

Don’t get me wrong, I love my zero and the experience it provides.  My description of the 2014’s being turds means heavy and has nothing to do with reliability.  Being an off road guy, I am not interested in a 372 lb. dual sport motorcycle with a > 9’ turning radius.  Weather the 2014’s are more reliable than my 2011 is information I do not have an opinion on.  When it eventually fails and my manufacturer tells me I can’t have a service manual and my dealer tells me “I can’t find the diagnostic port” and “you’re on your own” just isn’t good enough.

If I were in the used electric motorcycle market and I wanted to buy a mint 2011 with the upgrades I have done, I would put a value of maybe $4000 to $4500 on the one I have.  If I were in the market for a left over model that didn’t sell, there is no way I would pay close to MSRP for one.  Out the door price would have to be 75% to get me thinking.  I still have a hard time telling inquisitors that I paid $10,000 mine.  So is paying another $7000 to trade “up” for a model that weighs even more than the 300 lb. turd I have?  Not for me.  I’m going to enjoy the one I have and when Polaris is ready, or I can’t keep mine functional, I’ll upgrade.

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2015, 04:50:55 AM »

In Australia even if they offered it, is there is no rebates for electric motorcycles in Australia.  There is Zero benefit to owning a Zero in Australia as far as any tax breaks or rebates, from state or federal, other than the on going cost of fuel, assuming it is actually running. 

The  $13,590 paid for the DS 2010, was what it cost plus more charges. less than 5 years ago.  A new 2015 DS here now costs over $21 000 to buy in Australia.  Still no incentives, rebates etc.  Getting even a basic electric bike here is quite an outlay, with no support for it.  I have sent emails to every Zero dealer in Australia that is listed asking about parts support for my 5 year old 2010 DS.  The answers so far have not been encouraging.  Does Zero only really support its US customers with these trade in deals, are foreign supporters of their company just cannon fodder for their startup?  Left with out parts, service or a functioning bike... Having a $14000 paper weight after 1500 miles travelled is not my idea of value for money.

Try selling a bike that has Zero support, Zero spare parts and so Zero life left in it.

Cam
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:00:28 AM by Camresearch »

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2015, 05:36:32 AM »

Hi Guys, Well in Australia they are offering the rebate for the early adopters, so on that I stand corrected.  They are offering $3500 off their floor stock here.  http://www.ccmotorcycles.com.au/zero-motorcycles  Not such a generous offer considering the trade in price should be at least $6000 according to the valuation guide. Plus the bike cost $14000 with no rebates (There are no rebates for electric in bikes in Oz) 5 years ago and has only done 1.5 k miles so far.

Zero Motorcycles Australia has announced pricing on its 2014 model range, which has now arrived in Australia. The rideaway pricing is as follows:
Zero S 8.5 $20,490
Zero S 11.4 $23,390
Zero SR $25,490
Zero DS 11.4 $23,490
Zero FX 5.7 $19,490

Therefore I can give them my DS that cost 14k 5 years ago and spend another 20k after the trade in to get a new DS and hope it goes further than 1.5K miles this time.

Cam
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:57:59 AM by Camresearch »

Camresearch

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2015, 05:22:36 AM »

I had confirmation from Zero, that the $3500 trade in deal in Australia ended last year.  I asked dealers in Victoria and NSW if they would take the bike as a trade in.  They weren't interested.  One dealer offered to try and sell the bike on consignment.  Like that would ever happen, especially since the motor died again last Sunday and I was left pushing the bike the 3 km back home again.  I had to do the Zero, walk/push of shame in front of 30 bikers at the pub.  Judging by the laughter, none of them will be racing out to buy and electric motorcycle anytime soon. 

Manny from Zero in the USA has been trying really hard to help me out, he is trying to source parts and or a second hand motor for me.  I will keep you posted, either way, it is going to be expensive.

For now though the DS 2010 has returned to paperweight mode and is just sucking power from the wall but going nowhere.  Just like it has for most of the last 3 years.  It is a shame too, since it died within the two year warranty period but due do to problems my brother was having at the time, he never followed it up after his initial request for help from Zero, that is not Zero's fault but his.  It didn't help that the nearest dealer was 400 km from where he lives.

Cam  8)

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2015, 08:35:16 PM »

FYI

With my new 2014 DS I found that i had to go to iTunes and update my Zero app on my ipod in order to see the CUSTOM mode setting. I was still using the original app from when I got my 2013 FX, which didn't have a CUSTOM mode but you could change settings on the ECO mode.

Trikester

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2015, 04:00:36 AM »

I didn't know there was a new app.  ???  My 2014 Zero has the 2013 app.  It would be nice if Zero would let its customers know about new versions of the app and where to go to download them.  (My dealer downloaded and installed the 2013 app on my smartphone when I bought my bike. Actually, I have no idea where apps come from.)   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6