• May 07, 2024, 10:29:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Zero Customer Service  (Read 10087 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: Zero Customer Service
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2017, 05:03:45 PM »

I have some news.  Firstly, the rear wheel finally arrived, was fitted yesterday and I picked my bike up this morning. Exactly 2 months after I went in for new bearings.

Even after all the aggravation, it still took Zero a week to ship parts via air freight directly from California.  It's obvious that gross incompetence and/or negligence resulted in the parts not being ordered until I and my dealer had sent multiple emails and made phone calls. I've also used other channels to get the message through and I can share a statement from Zero with you:

Thanks for your email and explaining the situation in the field.

Both the EU as the US team are aware that the after-sales in Europe is far from going well at the moment. When the decision was made to directly supply from America, they quickly discovered that there were much more complications and difficulties as they initially expected. The point where we are now at the moment, official announcement has not been made yet, is that we appointed a Third Party Logistics warehouse who will handle all of our parts shipments. We are filling their warehouse more with each time to ensure that we will have the majority of common and fast moving parts in stock and available from an European location. What still will be a challenge is the quick availability of certain Power-Train Components, such as BMS, MBB, CCU, Controller etc.. The reason for this is that these parts need to be VIN specific programmed and at the moment the team in the US are the only ones who have the tools and capabilities to carry this out. We are looking into having a better option also for these portion of parts so we can also store these in Europe and supply our dealers with these.

Bettering the parts availability and deliverability is one of highest priorities at the moment and we are doing everything we can to better this and provide better and reasonable services towards our dealers and customers again. I know we are saying this for a while now as we unfortunately also came across a lot of implications during the way.

We and I personally want to thank you guys there for your ongoing patient and still sticking by us, very much appreciated. Please hang in there….we’re almost there…

With kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2017, 06:07:01 PM »

You just threw Met under the bus publicly. lol. Hopefully they do improve things this year in Europe. I'd love for my bike to be truly fix with this latest firmware, I doubt it will however.

I fear I'll never get to tour on my bike that I keep buying quick chargers for, but am afraid to use since it keeps having problems and I don't want to risk being blamed for them with aftermarket accessories. *SIGH* Looks like there's a half dozen new eBike manufactures comes out with products this year, hopefully one of them has their acts together from the start.
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »

I have some news.  Firstly, the rear wheel finally arrived, was fitted yesterday and I picked my bike up this morning. Exactly 2 months after I went in for new bearings.

It feels good to have your bike back....Am I rite? Glad you finally got everything worked out 😀

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »

It feels good to have your bike back....Am I rite? Glad you finally got everything worked out [emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Spot on mrwilsn and thanks. I should have mentioned that in my last post.

In fact I'm sat in a cafe enjoying a beer during a ride out in the countryside. A Zero on the back roads during British Summer is hard to beat.  I've been riding a Suzuki SV 650 for the last few weeks. It's a great bike in many ways, but my Zero is in a league of its own. The handling is far better and it's just so nice to get back to enjoying all the benefits of an electric bike.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2017, 09:59:43 PM »

You just threw Met under the bus publicly. lol. Hopefully they do improve things this year in Europe. I'd love for my bike to be truly fix with this latest firmware, I doubt it will however.

I fear I'll never get to tour on my bike that I keep buying quick chargers for, but am afraid to use since it keeps having problems and I don't want to risk being blamed for them with aftermarket accessories. *SIGH* Looks like there's a half dozen new eBike manufactures comes out with products this year, hopefully one of them has their acts together from the start.

Oh contraire nev! I'm simply pointing out that somebody at Zero has the balls to put something in writing and apologise for the the totally ridiculous state of affairs. If anything, Met is golden.

The worst aspect of this whole debacle has been the lack of any information whatsoever. What little information I've been given by others has proved to be nothing but misinformation.

Others have said, and I do believe this to be true, that the folks at Zero are good people at heart. What is such a great shame is that whatever systems they have in place are making them out to be the opposite.

Buy the quick chargers nev. Go touring on your bike and enjoy it. I'm don't recall the current status of your bike, but when it is fixed, and it will be, just make the most of it.  If you go with electric cowboy's supercharger, I don't think you'll have any trouble with Zero support. They all know each other and EC has made a great product, as far as I can tell.

As frustrating as it has been, for far too many, for far too long, I think it will all start coming together with Zero soon. They are making the right moves, they just need to be managed better.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »

Random bike shutdowns. Random power output limited to ~28%. Voltage drops to 92 volts. Five months in the shop. Lots of firmware updates. Warranty expires in two months. If I use the supercharger that I currently have, and have any more issues, they're going to see it in the logs and blame it. I had an Elcon before it, but never did more than one test with it to make sure it worked. I thought my issues were going to be fixed last year, so I bought the supercharger. :(

My bike wouldn't start and the dash flashed lights for a while. Someone came by with a dongle and looked at the errors for me, since there were no dealers in the area at the time. Zero tried to blame the dongle for it - even though it was used after the fact as a diagnostic tool!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:51:28 PM by nevetsyad »
2023 Energica Experia
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2017, 12:25:01 AM »

Where are you based nev?

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2017, 01:15:15 AM »

The wrong coast of the US for good support. Just outside of Washington DC.
2023 Energica Experia
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2017, 01:46:43 AM »

So you really shouldn't be suffering like us Europeans with supply problems. Parts should get shipped within days, I would expect.

I have a strong feeling that a lot of the problems are down to communications. Once Zero realised the terrible service they'd provided they put it right. I think your challenge is to get your message through to them. Call them. Be nice and just explain your predicament to Jennifer. If that doesn't work, ask to speak to the CEO. Be nice and explain how you and many other customers have been failed by the customer service department.  See what reaction you get and post it here. Pretend you're the leading role in Shawshank Redemption asking for library books. Keep at them.  They have to answer the phone. Emails they can ignore.  If enough people do the same they'll do something about it.

Also try the sales director. He or she won't like hearing that after sales service is putting potential customers off.

If all else fails, look up your local lemon laws.  They can't continue to do this to their customers and keep their business running, so it has to change quickly.

Also, make sure you ask for a two year extension to your warranty.

I hope that helps.

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »

With kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

You just threw Met under the bus publicly.

If anything, Met is golden.

[emoji1] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji1]

(sorry, guys, you are really funny. Seldom laughed that much [emoji23])

But good to hear from Zero that someone has recognized and apparently is working to remedy the problems they have (although that guy if probably neither 'Met vriendelijke groet' nor 'With kind regards' [emoji1]).

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2017, 02:33:19 PM »

LMAO! That's funny. If we had a brain cell between us, it would be lonely...

Here's a picture of my new wheel:

Froginhoo

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2017, 12:47:15 AM »

I'm facing these troubles right now as well. Five weeks ago I bought a 2016 Zero SR here in Germany. The only thing that needs to be done is replacing the front brakes. During the test drive I heard them grinding and felt the deceleration varying during one turn of the wheel. The mechanics told me it somehow got a "hit", so my dealer ordered new brakes right away and we agreed to
handover the bike after repair.
As you might have already guessed, we never heard from Zero ever since. No spare parts, no delivery date, not even a tracking ID. Nothing. I started asking Zero Europe last week. They apologised and got after it. But the only thing they found out is that the brakes haven’t been received from the US yet. Well, I appreciate the apology but I didn’t get any wiser so far. Putting a few parts in a box and sending it to Germany is no rocket-science so I dearly hope at least that has happened...

Not only wants my dealer to cut me out of the contract because he can’t see an imminent delivery date, but I also start asking myself if I really want this. Of course I fell in love with the Zero but am I ready to be grounded for months every time I need spare parts? A new tire? What if my BMS decides to go toes up? Reading all your suffering makes me wonder if I made the right decision spending loads of money for a Zero.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »

"Power-Train Components, such as BMS, MBB, CCU, Controller etc.. The reason for this is that these parts need to be VIN specific programmed and at the moment the team in the US are the only ones who have the tools and capabilities to carry this out."

Well that's good to know if any of these fail out of warranty, you will not be able to use parts from another Zero to replace them, only Zero HQ can program them.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2017, 12:43:21 AM »

With kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groet,

You just threw Met under the bus publicly.

If anything, Met is golden.

[emoji1] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji1]

(sorry, guys, you are really funny. Seldom laughed that much [emoji23])

But good to hear from Zero that someone has recognized and apparently is working to remedy the problems they have (although that guy if probably neither 'Met vriendelijke groet' nor 'With kind regards' [emoji1]).

Hah, I was curious why there was another comma at the end of the second line.
2023 Energica Experia
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2017, 12:46:09 AM »

Reminds me of the time I worked for a major software company back in the Nineties and one of our Hawaiian clients signed off a letter with "Mahalo."  My co-worker addressed his response:

"Dear Mahalo..."
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11