Makes And Models > Zero Motorcycles Forum | 2012 and older

2010 Throttle Issue

(1/5) > >>

programmerOnWheels:
Hi Everyone!

I have a 2010 S and I already invested a lot of work and I would love to have it running again.

Problem:
- No power, wheel not spinning even to  turn the throttle

My mechanic already replaced:
- Battery (2 years ago) with Nissan Leaf Battery elements
- old Throttle with new Throttle Magura linear potentiometer (1.5 years ago)
- Kickstand (1.5 years ago)
- Controller (was recently replaced) with another Alltrax Controller

After the contorller replacement, the tires were also replaced and I drove the last 3 days. Unfortunately today after lunch, I got no speed when I turn the throttle..

I did:
- reset battery by sliding down to OFF for 15 sec but also for 30sec, multiple times
- kickstand up and down multiple times
- kill switch near the throttle multiple times on and off
- key turn on and off mutliple times
- put a magnet at the kickstand sensor just to be sure.

Fuse center location was also checked, all good.

Firstly, the warning Indicator LED was blinking  red, even to kickstand was up. So I started with the solutions I know and after the Battery Sliding down for 15 seconds and back onto ON, no red blinking anymore when the kickstand was up and I should have been able to drive, but no.

Unfortunately, since the battery replacement with Nissan Leaf modules, there are no BMS sounds anymore, not even the OK Beep at the beginning.

Even though I have no sounds, it's normal temperature with 12°C and it was not raining. My battery is charged at 80%. So there should be no environmental issue.

So my next step would be to read the logs by building a cable to access the MBB: https://zeromanual.com/wiki/How_to_build_a_cable_to_access_the_MBB

I already read many similar stories like:
- driving for a couple of meters, then losing power
- driving in rain, loosing power or
- driving full speed or hill up, then losing power
and therefore I told my mechanic to please replaced the controller. But now my mechanic due to the age of my motorcyle is done with it and I'm also slowly giving up. The sad thing is, i know it can drive and it works. But the Throttle-Disable is activated, even to it should not be activated.

Has anybody of you already built that cable? I can solder and I hope the parts I ordered (local IT shop + amazon for OBD 2) will be labeled correctly.
Has anybody any idea what could still be an issue? The only thing that was not replaced is the motor.

I got the "Alltrax Flowchart" from Zero motorcycles and according to that everything works:
- Key switch on
- Battery switch totally on TOP, I cannot put it more up
- Kill switch is on
- Kickstand is up

I cannot imagine that the throttle needs to be replaced a second time, the next I can do and check according to Alltrax FlowChart is "Disconnect Throttle from main harness. Check resistance closed and open. Closed = 0 ohms Open = 5k ohm"

Any idea? any similar experiences?

Thank you very much for your time and reading my post!
Best wishes
programmerOnWheels
The controller was just replaced and I was able the last days to drive.

Alan. Yes THAT Alan:
A few years ago, I bought the OBD2-to-USB cable. Didn't have to solder anything.
I did have to download the Putty program to my laptop.

I'm curious why you don't have BMS beeping any more. I replaced my battery with Nissan Leaf batteries last week and it beeps as always.

programmerOnWheels:
Hi Alan

Thank you for your reply.
Oh I didn't think of that, thank you very much! 

My mechanic did it and told me afterwards no beep anymore. Maybe he did something wrong? I don't even have the OK-Beep anymore. He told me the MBB cannot communicate with the battery anymore, because now it's not the original battery anymore.
Did you replace it yourself?

But now I'm giving up slowly... Sometimes it works for a week and then suddenly it stops. And because there are no beeps, no Idea. But also my mechanic in switzerland (the only one) doesn't want to work on it anymore so I need to give up :(

Best wishes
programmerOnWheels

armicb:
Did you install a pre charge resistor before the Alltrax?

programmerOnWheels:
Hi Amicb

How does that look like? Do you have a picture?
Then I can check!

Best wishes
programmerOnWheels

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version