• May 14, 2024, 10:08:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Diginow Documentation Project  (Read 4773 times)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Diginow Documentation Project
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2016, 02:21:14 AM »

I'll definitely have projects that demand learning more and hacking more, and will keep my ear to the ground, but will try to focus more on touring and charging practices than the manual itself.

Brian, I think a charging practices/option section would be awesome.  The guys who C2C and charge everywhere are a wealth of knowledge. I know me as a new Zero owner is confused as heck on all the options/configurations/methods, chargers/adapters etc.

I'm using the wiki for this, rather than Supercharger documentation.

This is what the Usage roughly covers for now:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Usage

And the aftermarket page at least roughly lists everything:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Zero_Aftermarket#Level_2_AC
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2016, 11:07:23 AM »

I unfortunately have not been able to adequately share this effort, for a number of reasons.

In any case, some users are receiving their chargers and have asked for documentation on the control interface which I'd neglected since I wasn't witnessing its development or reasoning as directly. I'm going to put something together for this along with troubleshooting just to get customers up to speed more quickly.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 12:46:34 PM »

I've updated the travel section a bit based on how I use my Supercharger to make 400-mile-per-day trips:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Usage#Travel
New sections:
  • Using the instrumentation
  • Information management
  • Charging and riding efficiency
  • How to plan

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2016, 01:08:12 AM »

Brian, I know you made a bunch of documentation for the supercharger. If you want to make a page in the wiki dedicated to supercharger use/instructions/manual/help Im 100% cool with it.  I think its Zero motorcycle related enough that you should have the info on there.  Unless its still in development and not released from the whole manufacturing issue.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2016, 06:49:38 AM »

Brian, I know you made a bunch of documentation for the supercharger. If you want to make a page in the wiki dedicated to supercharger use/instructions/manual/help Im 100% cool with it.  I think its Zero motorcycle related enough that you should have the info on there.  Unless its still in development and not released from the whole manufacturing issue.

I'll ask because that work doesn't belong to me and the Gen1 Superchargers are presumably not going to be continued as such.

What I'll presume is that the small number of Gen1 customers should be able to see and share what's available, and that if I write about what I've learned as a customer and troubleshooter, it'd be kosher. I think there's a bigger question about what happens to these units as they age, and what we do if OEM support doesn't materialize properly for whatever reason, because it's expensive equipment with only a few qualified people involved in the design.

For what it's worth, I kept piling onto the wiki anything I learned about Zero's systems that you needed to know to troubleshoot the Supercharger, so a good amount of the knowledge is there.

Gen2 is an entirely different (preferable) situation, and I'll presume that I can get a broader license to develop and release the documentation more widely. That is, if I have to be directly involved at all! Maybe I can get away with the whitebox approach where I'm not privy to anything sensitive and just work it all out by observation and tinkering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]