• May 07, 2024, 10:27:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F not adjusting range to riding style.  (Read 634 times)

Delly

• View Profile
SR/F not adjusting range to riding style.
« on: June 24, 2022, 06:25:38 AM »

I’ve run into an issue with my SR/F, it appears the BMS is not adjusting the range to the way I ride. From what I can tell it is giving me a range estimate based on the hardest riding I’ve done.  For instance, at its worst it gave me a range of 36 miles with 100% charge. Running it to near the range estimate showed an almost depleted battery but if I let it sit I would get the “magic charging”. In one instance after letting it sit an hour I gained back 48% battery capacity. The dealer did a hard reboot of the BMS but it continues to do it.  Anyone else run into this issue have any advice?

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: SR/F not adjusting range to riding style.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 06:56:47 AM »

Sorry, but Zero has not addressed Magic Charging since we first reported it in December of 2020. Hopefully your dealer can contact Zero and go to bat for you.

Delly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 08:19:18 AM »

So how are others working around this?  I forked over 20k for a bike with a serious bug, what are dealers doing to resolve this? Anyone try a previous version of the BMS or reloading it?  Is it gonna take a battery replacement?  I’m getting ready to head to my dealer for the third time for this issue and I haven’t even had the bike for a year.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 09:41:20 AM »

I really wish I had a better answer for you, man.

noyesknifer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 11:52:09 PM »

I had the same issue, wrote about it here: https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=11774.0

Currently my bike is at the dealer awaiting a new battery.  I am guessing that will be the same fate for you as well. 

2020 Zero SR/F Standard (sold)
2019 Yamaha Niken
2021 Triumph Rocket 3R

Delly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 06:02:03 AM »

My experience is very similar to yours. I just upgraded the main board to version 23 although I doubt it will make a difference. The problem seemed to get worse after installing version 21 so who knows.  For your battery replacement we’re you able to pay the difference and upgrade to the new expandable 15.6 pack?

Delly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 04:13:38 AM »

The main bike board firmware upgrade to version 23 had no impact. The current version of the BMS is 19. I’ll be taking it to the shop this week and update the thread when I find out what will be done. I’m not sure if zero was contacted regarding my previous visits to my dealer but the owner assured me they would be involved this time.

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 01:19:40 AM »

I’m on main battery numero 3 (yes three) for my 2020 SR/S. The problem is still not fixed. It just always comes back after 1500 - 2000 km and then slowly gets worse. So yeah. Everytime I ask my dealer or Zero direct what the problem is I do not get an answer. It seems like they just don’t know.

Auriga here on the forum has the most direct communication with Zero (he is a dealer) he has some insight but even he is in the dark about the finer aspect of this problem. Zero does not want to talk about it…
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S

Rangerx52

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 11:18:35 AM »

What caused the first two battery replacements? ive noticed the magic charging happening on my bike recently, but its usually small, like ~6-8%. LIke ill get home with 65%SOC, and come back the next morning to ~72

NervEasy

• View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 07:51:45 PM »

Magic charging, up and down. Small and large increments. That and the wildly incorrect charge times that come with it.
2019 Zero S 11kw - 2020 SR/S

Delly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 12:55:39 AM »

Heard back from my dealer and after consulting with Zero it looks like I’m getting a new battery, thankfully covered by warranty. I inquired if I would be able to upgrade to the new 15.6kw battery by paying the difference but was shot down, worth checking though. They won’t be able to do the swap for awhile is the only downside and Zero doesn’t offer loaner bikes. At least I can still commute on it in the meantime.
Pages: [1]