• May 06, 2024, 06:58:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: UK Insurers/Brokers  (Read 63991 times)

princec

• View Profile
Re: UK Insurers/Brokers
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2020, 06:35:59 PM »

That's still rather bloody expensive :|

Cas :)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 03:07:42 PM »

C'mon, I pay that 6mo for liability only (why do they think I'm going to smash people's cars?)

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »

I pay £70 a year for my 690 ... though I suppose I am an old fart of 47 and I've got 15+ years no-claims discount and 30 years riding experience, live in the country, and no accidents or claims or endorsements in the last 5 years. I just tried to get a quote for and SR/F and was flat-out declined by every insurer in the country. This must be hurting Zero's sales pretty badly.

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 08:00:24 PM »

Yeah, I'll be 29 with 2 years experience and 2 year NCB, on a CBT, riding an £8.5k bike. Under £400 ain't bad, my 125 Duke valued at £3000 was a bit over £500 to insure when I first started riding at 27.

Andrew Zero S

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2020, 10:02:14 PM »

That seems cheap on a CBT.

MCE though expensive, I paid £750 TPFT, are very helpful. Because my bike is undergoing repairs they let me cancel the policy and refunded most of the premium on a pro rata basis.

Andrew

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2020, 02:05:21 AM »

That's nice of them. How long are the repairs expected to take? I take it the shops insurance covers the bike for any damage that might occur while it's in their possession.

Lexham did me a solid too. I had to get my bike delivered a week or two earlier than planned as the shop was loading up their vans for an expo, which meant I had to insure my bike before I had my first years no claims bonus (it was either that or have the bike sitting outside my house uninsured and trying to resist riding it). They gave me the quote including the NCB discount but charged me the full amount, then once I had the details from my old insurance company for the NCB they refunded me the discount and once this year's up I'll have 2 years NCB even though it's technically a week or two short.

UlsterZero

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2020, 12:07:43 AM »

I renewed my SR with Bikesure recently for £177 Fully Comprehensive on 1 Year NCB.

Thought it wasn't too bad, considering that insurance in Northern Ireland always seems to be more expensive...

andrewcsp

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »

Had my renewal through recently, and very happy with Lexham.

I have 7 years NCD. Adjusted policy to include NCD protection and pillion cover. Also reduced mileage from 8000 to 6000 miles.

Last year was £654. This year £561.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:36:13 PM by andrewcsp »

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2020, 08:40:17 PM »

Had my renewal through from Lexham last week - £524 - same cover as previous year but with an extra year NCB. Last year was £690.

Did a quick online search to see if there were any other options.
Only 4 companies returned a result, with Lexham being the cheapest by some margin.
The Lexham result was £386.98.. hmm.. £137 cheaper than my renewal quote  *sigh
So I renewed through the comparison site rather than via their renewal letter.
I know there is no such thing as customer loyalty these days but it really frustrates me that insurers do this with their renewals - just hope you won't go and check and then take you to the cleaners.

Anyway, £386 isn't too bad for a year fully comp for my SR/F.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 09:46:23 PM by SkyYeti »
2022 Zero SR/F Premium

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »

Law's changing soon - it will be illegal for insurance companies to offer a better deal to new customers than existing customers in the UK. Not sure of the exact date of implemenation, but soon.

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2020, 09:47:55 PM »

Law's changing soon - it will be illegal for insurance companies to offer a better deal to new customers than existing customers in the UK. Not sure of the exact date of implemenation, but soon.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.
Hopefully comes into law before my next renewal :)
2022 Zero SR/F Premium

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2021, 07:32:56 PM »

Just got cover: £375 fully comp from Lexham for the SR/F, £1500 excess (sort of irrelevant, I've never claimed in 30 years though despite this my NCD seems capped to 9 years). This happens to be the just a bit more than I was paying for the XAdv and the 690 combined, so I suppose that's fair enough. I'm hoping it goes down a bit over the years.

London Electric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2021, 01:50:39 AM »

Looking at buying A Zero or Energica.Went onto the comparison sites and only one company would insure me at £1250 fully comp for a 50 year old with no points , 13 years no claims and leaving it parked in a private car park in Surrey( flat so no garage) and commuting to work on it.It is putting me off the idea now as I was thinking of buying on a pcp deal.

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2021, 08:54:51 PM »

Looking at buying A Zero or Energica.Went onto the comparison sites and only one company would insure me at £1250 fully comp for a 50 year old with no points , 13 years no claims and leaving it parked in a private car park in Surrey( flat so no garage) and commuting to work on it.It is putting me off the idea now as I was thinking of buying on a pcp deal.

I suspect the 'no garage' is the killer for you :(
I lived in a flat up until 2018 and couldn't get anywhere near sensible insurance quotes because I had no overnight garage to park in. It basically meant I couldn't own a motorcycle.
Moved to a house with a garage at the end of 2018 and was then able to get a few more insurers to offer slightly more friendly quotes - I immediately bought my SR/F :D
2022 Zero SR/F Premium

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2021, 01:20:07 AM »

No garage here either, but I live in Somerset. Bike lives hidden away in the back garden.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4